Seatbelts

dunefreak

Recently I have noticed when I take a passenger out in my car, they don't tighten their belts tight enough. I make it a point to not even leave camp without cranking down on their belts. This is a reminder to all of you that seatbelts have to be as tight as you can get get em...not just tight enough so they are comfortable! You have to think of if you are in a wreck that your body is going to want to keep going. If your belts are loose at all you will suffer some major injuries or even die!

The recent crash at Dumont where the guy went off the windy razorback at night was another reminder why your belts need to be tight. The driver said he had the belts kinda loose and he hit his head on something. He ended up ok, but if your belts aren't tight enough to keep your head from smacking the frame or rear view mirror, you might as well not even be wearing seat belts. I am not trying to bash the driver here for having his belts too loose in this recent crash, but it reminded me to bring up the safety issue to help remind others. Be safe, people! Double check your passengers...some people don't know that these belts NEED to be TIGHT TIGHT! :eatdrink021:

Also, you need to make sure they STAY tight while duning too. :laughing:

i know when i get lucky enough to get a buggy ride i am checking and tighting my belts all ride. i know after the first few minutes i can cinch them up a little more. not a scared thing but like dunefreak said if there not on right and tight whats the point of putting them on at all.....

also much more comfortable enjoyable ride if you not trying to hold yourself down or in

after i found the seat belt extenders in ynots car i found out he had new belts and that explained why they were being a pain... for some reason new belts are always fun to adjust the first few times.. after the initial 20 min of dickin w/ the belts all was good. :D

Great points here peeps. :laughoff:

I'd like to add this:

The most important belts are your lapp belts.

First temperarily loosen the shoulder straps, then tighten the lapp belts as tight as you can get them.

Then pull down to tighten the shoulder straps.

People try to just jump in, buckle up, and ONLY pull down the shoulder straps. :laughoff:

Also adding a hand restaint for the passengers outside wrist is a great idea.

This kinda freaks em' out at first,

but when you get rollin' :freakin_nuts: they seem to forget about it. :laughoff:

yup the wrist restraint in ynots car was a first for me but even he was wearing one and it did not seem to hinder his driving abilities.. :D

well yeah....it's not suppossed to hinder your driving abilities! :chev_bowtie:

I have wrists retraints. I need to start using them. :coocoo:

Are these common? Where can I find some?

I ordered mine at the SSSS last year from DJ Safety. The page for arm restraints isn't working though. :chev_bowtie: I'd just give em a call. The guy at the shgow was very helpfull and they'll know what you need if you tell them the color you want and type of belts you currently have. :coocoo:

And yes, they are becoming more common. Safety first! :finger:

well yeah....it's not suppossed to hinder your driving abilities! :chev_bowtie:

I have wrists retraints. I need to start using them. :coocoo:

Some people are afraid that they will cut off how much travel so to speak your arm as limiting it from you being able to effectivly stear with your left hand.