Need input on 091 transmissions

mike156

Bottom line........can you make a 091 bus trans bullet proof like a mendeola trans. The vehicle being used would be a 1800 lb. car Turdo'd short star, subi or honda approx 400 HP at the flywheel would love old school and new school opinions and dont hold back

"bullet proof" trans? :driver::stick_smack:

I Knew after I put that somebody would catch it. nothings bullet proof but I drive my Mendeola hard so I'll re-phrase the question, can you drive a car with a 091 like you can a mendeola, not even talking adout doing jumps or whoops but good hard duning. And what breaks the case or gears?

Well my trans is built as far as anyone can go,I even cryogenicly treated my gears,r&p and case.

I had maybe 325 horsepower and could break it whenever I wanted.I had to drive it easy but that hardly ever happened.Everyone here can attest to that.

Id say if you built one with the Aluminum case(very very rare) all weddle gears including the new ring and pinion(something I never did),super diff with billet side cover and gusseted the case it would probably hold 400 hp but you could break it if you got stupid.

The Weddle r&p just came out about 2 years ago I think and is $700 by itself.

Joe the car I'm refering these questions about is alot like yours but has a shortstar single turbo claims 400HP never has had a problem with the trans (091 built to the max?)

Is the car red with red panels that have custom silver paint on them?

Joe what else can you tell me about your car, saw your ad on dunebuggy.com I know its fast seen you run whats the HP and the question everyone will ask WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT. Thinking of selling my car for alittle smaller one what are the front/rear wheel widths

Joe what else can you tell me about your car, saw your ad on dunebuggy.com I know its fast seen you run whats the HP and the question everyone will ask WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT. Thinking of selling my car for alittle smaller one what are the front/rear wheel widths

dude, you hijacked your own thread, Mike! :driver:

I am going to upgrade alittle bit. Mine runs approx 400 HP with the 7 pound pulley and 430HP with the 10 pound pulley. It is 81" wide in the front and 92" wide in the rear. It fits in my weekend warrior without changing tires.

Edited by JoeDuner

I am going to upgrade alittle bit. Mine runs approx 400 HP with the 7 pound pulley and 430HP with the 10 pound pulley. It is 81" wide in the front and 92" wide in the rear. It fits in my weekend warrior without changing tires.

The real reason he is selling it is because he wants something different. It doesn't matter what Joe has He always wants something different. When they say variety is the spice of life Joe is the spiciest guy there is. His car is completely BADA$$. Rides extremely nice and has all the power you can use and it looks nice. It has been well taken care of and has never had any major problems. Anybody that buys his car is getting a good deal.