2.5 Subaru vs 3.0 Nissan turbo charged

sandaddict

What chassis are you putting it in? Are those your only choices? Does the Nissan need race gas?

buggy works no just what i was thinkin about the nissan is on pump fuel at 7 lbs boost the reason i was thinkin of nissan was 70 lbs lighter than honda balistic motors has been r&d for a year and a half with no issues

well if you run any kind of boost on a suby 2.5 block your gonna need race gas... The cheaper way even if it did cost you a LITTLE power would be the nissan.. Also OriginalPimp i believe is running a nissan in his car mixes 50/50 race pump and puts the smack down on quite a few cars out there. :D

well if you run any kind of boost on a suby 2.5 block your gonna need race gas... The cheaper way even if it did cost you a LITTLE power would be the nissan..

ISBB knows this because his sandrail has a 2.5L Subie in it. :idea::blink: huh? :clap::bs::thumb::barf:

sorry, I couldn't resist :north_pole: :dunce:

well if you run any kind of boost on a suby 2.5 block your gonna need race gas... The cheaper way even if it did cost you a LITTLE power would be the nissan.. Also OriginalPimp i believe is running a nissan in his car mixes 50/50 race pump and puts the smack down on quite a few cars out there. :D

ORIGINALPIMP's motor is a 3.5 nismo motor. That's a completely different motor. :north_pole:

I would highly recommend the Subaru. Like nick said you will have to run race gas at 8 pounds of boost max or 10 pounds max with a intercooler. With the 80 pounds of weight savings the car will handle way better. Another option is the turbo Honda, that would be my first choice. The Turbo Honda is a fantastic motor package. You are definately headed in the right direction with the motors you are planing on using. A turbo 350-450HP motor is hands down a better option than a heavy a$$ V-8. They are way easier on trannys and CV's.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

I would highly recommend the Subaru. Like nick said you will have to run race gas at 8 pounds of boost max or 10 pounds max with a intercooler. With the 80 pounds of weight savings the car will handle way better. Another option is the turbo Honda, that would be my first choice. The Turbo Honda is a fantastic motor package. You are definately headed in the right direction with the motors you are planing on using. A turbo 350-450HP motor is hands down a better option than a heavy a$$ V-8. They are way easier on trannys and CV's.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

thanks for all the input i was told honda didnt last past stock boost geuss i was told wrong. right now i have the 2.0 subi but i want more power do you know what the 3.5 honda puts out for power at 8lbs and do you run race fuel

how is it diff don... and wtf is a nismo motor... From what i gather nismo is just all bolt on chit! it still started life as a nissan 3.5

and freak i know this from my hours of forum whoring everyday :D

A 3.5 is NOT the same as a 3.0. Yes the Nismo motors start out the same but are nowhere near the same when finished. :headbang1:

I think at 8 pounds it's about 425 HP. I believe you would have to run 105 octane.(Just a guess)

This is an interesting post by Don at Sandcars Unlimited.

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....showtopic=74118

that was great info thanks joe you may have just changed my mind going to call don tomorrow for more info thanks again :headbang1::rockwoot:

Edited by raptoroy