Burned up sandrail pics

GerritJ

I don't know what kinda car it was, but the owner was not around. People kept asking who's it was and he was no where to be found. Me and my brother grabbed our fire extinguishers, but it was way out of control. No idea what burned it the front, was a weird fire, the 20 people shoving sand on it would almost get it out and it would flare up almost bigger then it was. But other then that it was a quiet weekend, only had to pull out 2 people from the sand :D

hot rotors caught the brake fluid on fire which caught the tires on fire which made its way back to the seats blah blah blah? Just speculating maybe? hell if i know im no mechanic but maybe he had a hanging rotor or something and boiled the brake fluid?? a line ruptured and caught something on fire i dunno

Ok, let me try to tell you where this is, know where you enter comp in between the two big mounds, this was way to the left. Like on the other side of comp.

like to the right side of Banshee Hill?

like here?

(comp is the hill on the bottom left in the pic)

post-3-1165198704.jpg

if the brakes were that hot you would be gagging on the smell and smoke long before it caught on fire like that.... he wasnt around wonder if it was stolen or a insurance thing???....... just guessing out of the blue i dont know anything about it........

ok I dont know anything about sand rails, so this is probably a stupid question, but Im goin to ask anyways.

Looks like the fire was just to the front of the car, but looks like the entire motor is in the rear??? is it possible the owner could at least salvage the motor? I would assume thats the most expensive part anyways, isnt it?