Below 10K.com

CorvairJon

I had a great responce from people on this board in September when I came up with the idea of a site devoted to low-dollar rails. A lot of good people, and a few bad ones helped me with some of the contents. It' my fiorst time ever putting a site together so don't be shocked if it looks as cheep as the rails we're talking about. As always I'm up for abuse when it comes to sugestions.

Thanks again for the help. It's been a while since I talked about it so I thought I'd let you know now that it's up.

HERE's THE SITE

I had a great responce from people on this board in September when I came up with the idea of a site devoted to low-dollar rails. A lot of good people, and a few bad ones helped me with some of the contents. It' my fiorst time ever putting a site together so don't be shocked if it looks as cheep as the rails we're talking about. As always I'm up for abuse when it comes to sugestions.

Thanks again for the help. It's been a while since I talked about it so I thought I'd let you know now that it's up.

HERE's THE SITE

Where did you post this? Your only other 2 posts were in that sandrail crash thread from Halloween.

Either, way....good luck with the site. :D:DDRrocks:

That's what the site for...kind of. Ya we all look for that car that fits our budget and doesn't need that much work. But nobody said it was going to be apart more than together. You will not know a darn thing your doing, and you hope and pray the way you put it together right the first time will be right but take pride in figuring out the REAL way it was suppose to go together. It's either that or shell out $50,000 for a car. I ain't got that kind of money.

DON't be sinical. He's just a kid "21". I think he thinks that a beam car is going to be a LT car. :thumb::laughoff: God Bless youth! He'll get it. :laughoff::laughoff: Some day

Gotta love young boys. Always have their ..............rooster on. :jester: LOL

uh huh and the older girls who love the young roosters :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff: :dance:

( i was waiting for you to put your foot in your mouth :laughoff: ) ( me and my hair ) :ahhhhh:

Edited by barefoot bob

Do half of these buggy manufacturers know you took their images? You realize thats copyright infringment and umm Illegal!

Ya your right. I guess I should take the whole site down. Or I can wait until I get a cease and desist order from the people who own the images. Besides they can have ALL the money I'm making from those pictures :finger:

Im just asking.. Its usually nice to ask permision before you STEAL someones work.. I could care less how long it takes them it issue a cease and desist order. Most people dont give a flying fk.. Its just nice to ask the owners of the picture ( since it is their property ) if you can use their picture... Im sure you wouldnt care if i came and borrowed your buggy without asking would ya!! :D

Nick there were several people that turned me down that I didn't use picturs from. Some people just wanted me to use links to their site when I was MORE than willing to add "Pix provided by" In those cases I went a different direction.

You have no idea who I have permission from and for what pictures. Nor is it ANY of your business. And before you go any further with your PERSONAL ATTACKS why don't you find out FOR SURE what I "STOLE". As in get proof from Bug Pac. Until you know what your talking about I would suggest you PM me with your comments.

He asked me for permission to use all the text and pictures from one of my pages. I said no thanks. So on one hand, Jon did ask me for permission. On the other, I am the grumpy guy that said no and asked him to just link to my page that had all the content he wanted instead of copying it for his website.

:finger:

Ok, here's something I'm curious about.

Someone asks you if they could use your picture(s) on their website and you give permission. Would you think its ok for them to put their "stamp/copyright" on the photo?

I have used lots of pictures from others. Most of the time, I put their logo on the picture. But sometimes it is a person, not a business. If it is just Joe Duner, I leave the picture blank for the most part. There are some occasions though where I have put DuneGuide.com on them.

Nick there were several people that turned me down that I didn't use picturs from. Some people just wanted me to use links to their site when I was MORE than willing to add "Pix provided by" In those cases I went a different direction.

You have no idea who I have permission from and for what pictures. Nor is it ANY of your business. And before you go any further with your PERSONAL ATTACKS why don't you find out FOR SURE what I "STOLE". As in get proof from Bug Pac. Until you know what your talking about I would suggest you PM me with your comments.

Jon, nobody is attacking you...only asking questions. ISBB sometimes comes off a little "different" than he truley means though. It's easy to misinterrpret his posts sometimes...I know I do and I know the guy personally. :driver: He was just giving you a heads up is all. :dunno:

Ok, here's something I'm curious about.

Someone asks you if they could use your picture(s) on their website and you give permission. Would you think its ok for them to put their "stamp/copyright" on the photo?

I personally wouldnt have a problem with this as logn as there was a Picture provided by: along with that watermark. If no picture provided by then i would start a fuss over it. The only pictures on DDR that doesnt get a site watermark are the ones that are posted in the Forums "Attachments" If they are uploaded thru the gallery they automatically get a watermark.

you just come off more harsh than you really mean sometimes....remember that one day I told you "dude, you're an a-hole!!" ? :driver:

:dunno:

Ok Ok so im an a-hole! LOL

Back to your regularly scheduled de-railed below10k.com topic.. :D

Ya I'm gonna be bent if the only comment someone has about my site is that they assume I stole stuff for my site. The stuff that is up there without the other peoples knowledge didn't have any markings on it. When it came to finding examples of frames that meet what the text called for safety wise, and was a positive portrayal of their product How or why would they say no?

Jon I never called you grumpy. If you feel grumpy I'm sorry. I was still thinking of swapping links with you.

Now having cleared THAT up. Thank you for checking out the site. If you like it. Thank you. If you don't. I'm sorry. I know it’s not the greatest lay out, and won’t be of interest to everybody.

Never said i didnt like it... was just askin about the pictures.. :D Especially since i didnt see any of those picture provided by links then i see pictures of my friends buggy's in there had me going HUH WTF is up with thaaaaaat. Then i saw your thanks page but didnt see a few of the buggy mfg's in there.. You gave credit to everyone else except a few photos thats why i called you out on it!