crd450 Posted November 8, 2005 Posted November 8, 2005 JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THIS PAST WEEKEND WAS MY FIRST TIME AT DUMONT AND IT WAS AWESOME!! THE ONLY OTHER DUNES I HAVE BEEN TO ARE AT GLAMIS AND I WILL SAY THAT I WILL NOT BE BACK TO GLAMIS FOR A WHILE. DUMONT IS AN HOUR + CLOSER AND THE DUNES RULE. :mc_smiley: Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 8, 2005 Posted November 8, 2005 I have to agree i grew up at glamis but im loving the HUGE bowls and steep dunes of dumont... allthough I woudlnt mind a couple thousand more acres of dunes though.. thats my only complaint.. a little small sizewise but the dunes are awesome.. Quote
crd450 Posted November 8, 2005 Author Posted November 8, 2005 YEAH, THE SIZE IS NO COMPARISON TO GLAMIS BUT THE DUNES AND THE ENVIRONMENT RULE. I WILL BE GOING BACK IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS FOR SURE!! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 8, 2005 Posted November 8, 2005 My first trip there was this past halloween and i enjoyed everyminute of it... I DIDNT feel CROWDED like i do at glamis... it was a nice feeling... and you can bet i will be going back.. Quote
crd450 Posted November 8, 2005 Author Posted November 8, 2005 IT LOOKED CROWDED WHERE WE PITCHED CAMP BUT IT FELT LIKE THE DUNES WERE ALL OUR OWN. IT WAS SWEET!! SOME NICE ACTION AT COMP HILL TOO!! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted November 8, 2005 Posted November 8, 2005 My first trip there was this past halloween and i enjoyed everyminute of it... I DIDNT feel CROWDED like i do at glamis... it was a nice feeling... and you can bet i will be going back.. just wait till presidents day weekend Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 8, 2005 Posted November 8, 2005 what happens then... twice as packed or what Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted November 8, 2005 Posted November 8, 2005 at least twice maybe three times Quote
ocean's 4 Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 I agree with my pal CRD, Dumont is awesome. The dunes are huge and the sand is great. Quote
ocean's 4 Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 at least twice maybe three times Nada CRD450, i like the uppercut. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 That avatar is funny chit! Blackzilla!!! Quote
ocean's 4 Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 BLACKZILLA KICKS a$$!!!!!!!!! WORD!!! Quote
Don29palms Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 Thanksgiving is usually packed but it is always fun. Crazy but fun. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 Yeah I agree Don. Crazy is an understatement. I remember one of my favorite trips though. 2 years ago, it was my first trip out with my new (well new to me- used though) toyhauler. Just after grubbin down on some turkey and what not, I kicked out the back patio (rear toyhauler ramp door at level position) and kicked back with a beer and watched all the crazy rides cruise past camp. Man, good times! :laughoff: Quote
TRX450R Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 MY BROTHER-N-LAW AND MYSELF HAD ALITTLE TO MANY TO DRINK ON PRESIDENTS WEEKEND A FEW YEARS AGO. STAYED UP TIL 4 AM OR SO AND GOT UP A FEW HOURS LATER AND WENT RIDING. THAT WAS THE JAMBOREE DAY. Quote
TRX450R Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 MY BROTHER-N-LAW AND MYSELF HAD ALITTLE TO MANY TO DRINK ON PRESIDENTS WEEKEND A FEW YEARS AGO. STAYED UP TIL 4 AM OR SO AND GOT UP A FEW HOURS LATER AND WENT RIDING. THAT WAS THE JAMBOREE DAY. Quote
rcjunky3 Posted November 13, 2005 Posted November 13, 2005 I JUST WENT ON FRIDAY THE 11TH FOR A DAY TRIP FIRST TIME IN ABOUT 20 YEARS TOOK THE FAMILY AND BOY WAS IT A BLAST. MY WIFE OR DAUGHTERS HAD NEVER BEEN. GOT SOME PADDLES FOR MY 4 YEAR OLDS YAMAHA ZINGER AND SHE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS OR INFO ON JETTING AND OR GEARING. I WAS PRIMARILY A DESERT RIDER BUT NOW I CAN SEE MORE DUMONT TRIPS ARE IN OUR FUTURE. I HAVE A 04 YFZ450 WITH WHITE BROS PIPE, PRODESIGNS AIR FILTER, 168 MAIN JET. I KNOW IT SEEMS ITS NOT THE BEST DUNE BIKE AS 2 STROKES WERE THE POPULAR. BUT IM NOT OUT TO BEAT ANYBODY JUST HAVIN FUN. I WOULD LIKE THE POWERBAND TO BE A LITTLE MORE CONSISTENT THOUGH AND NOT CUT OUT SO MUCH. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 13, 2005 Posted November 13, 2005 actually the 450 you got is a pretty damn stout performer in the dune... there is a fella on here that would be able to point you in the right direction.. you might want to look in the atv/motorcycle talk section of this board.. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.