voiding warranty

vegas450r

A hole in the piston is a good sign of too high EGT's, a perfect example of needing a pyrometer.The LBZ dosen't need a tuner, put your money into the exaust and cold air intake, not that you'll gain much power but it will help lower the EGT's.

I 2nd that, thats the best place to start and if you find that you do need more then you can get the

tuner.

I've heard the methanol can cause detonation, granted it's showing lower egt's but it starts burning pistons. Is there any truth to that?

Also, are you saying you can just run water?

I'm really intrested in water/methanol, but after I heard that I got a little nervous about running it. I know that windshield washer fluid has the right amount of methanol to really not hurt anything but you can't get it in Cali.

methanol actually raises egt's. I m pretty lazy and its not that important to me for my truck to make more power (it does really well) so I ussually run windshield washer fluid, the -30 degree stuff from walmart is about 40% meth. For around town its good, and the egts stay pretty constant compared to having the injection off. When I tow I run straight water. Straight water brings the egts down on the hills. No problems at all. Ive done a few installs, being a dealer and I believe that many users inject to much. Mine comes on at 25 psi and ramps up from there to all on at 50 psi. I run two nozzles and a very high pressure pump.

Because I also run three intercoolers, I dont even have to run the water/meth injection at all anymore, but in the summer pulling 30k lbs from a stop in laughlin in 125 degree temps, thats when it comes in real handy.

i have an edge box with juice and am very happy with it....although i only really drive around on level 1 or stock. it is nice too have because i can watch some of the vitals while pullin a load. My friend had a problem with a diablo on the very first drive, trans overheated and slipped...on the freeway. Exhaust and air filter will help alot with mileage and EGT's. my mileage gain was noticed on the first tank of fuel after i did exhaust and air filter.

Edited by got boost?

methanol actually raises egt's. I m pretty lazy and its not that important to me for my truck to make more power (it does really well) so I ussually run windshield washer fluid, the -30 degree stuff from walmart is about 40% meth. For around town its good, and the egts stay pretty constant compared to having the injection off. When I tow I run straight water. Straight water brings the egts down on the hills. No problems at all. Ive done a few installs, being a dealer and I believe that many users inject to much. Mine comes on at 25 psi and ramps up from there to all on at 50 psi. I run two nozzles and a very high pressure pump.

Because I also run three intercoolers, I dont even have to run the water/meth injection at all anymore, but in the summer pulling 30k lbs from a stop in laughlin in 125 degree temps, thats when it comes in real handy.

Thanks for the info, when I'm ready to do it I'll pm you.

I have an 02 Dura/Ally. I have been runnng the Edge for the last 3 yrs. I've never had a problem with the dealership. I ALWAYS take out the programer before I go to the dealership! That way they never can tell if you have a programmer in the truck. As far as the Pyro, that's not going to void anything. Its not going to do any damage to the vehicle as long as it's installed right. I did the HOOT method and not a problem. My truck has all of the injectors replaced under warranty. They didnt even blink when they say the pyro. Also you must show some restraint when using the programmer. If your foot is in the firewall all the time your going to Limp the tranny and cause engine damage.

I pull a 38.5 Rampage Hauler without any problems with the programmer.

Edited by CHOPJAW

I agree with most everyone when they say the LBZ (07 DMax) doesn't need any more power. In my opinion, the LLY programmed is just a tad more peppier than the LBZ stock. Keep it stock and see how it does- I know you'll be happy as it sits. :DDRrocks:

You've never ran a diesel with a programmer on it have you? MAN they really come alive! If you can put a programmer on a LB7.......WOW look out.

I have the LBZ and let me tell you, I have fun beating a 5.0 mustang and have the mustang guy get pissed because he just got his AZZ whiped by a 8000lb truck. :stirthepot:

I have an 02 Dura/Ally. I have been runnng the Edge for the last 3 yrs. I've never had a problem with the dealership. I ALWAYS take out the programer before I go to the dealership! That way they never can tell if you have a programmer in the truck. As far as the Pyro, that's not going to void anything. Its not going to do any damage to the vehicle as long as it's installed right. I did the HOOT method and not a problem. My truck has all of the injectors replaced under warranty. They didnt even blink when they say the pyro. Also you must show some restraint when using the programmer. If your foot is in the firewall all the time your going to Limp the tranny and cause engine damage.

I pull a 38.5 Rampage Hauler without any problems with the programmer.

Yes they can tell (IF you do engine damage). If you run too much programm to the point where you melt a piston- they WILL know it was from excessive timing and fuel. They (GM) have done studies to prove the difference from a malfuntioning injector, pump, etc and a programmer that is cranked up too much that causes damage to the engine internally.

You've never ran a diesel with a programmer on it have you? MAN they really come alive! If you can put a programmer on a LB7.......WOW look out.

I have the LBZ and let me tell you, I have fun beating a 5.0 mustang and have the mustang guy get pissed because he just got his AZZ whiped by a 8000lb truck. :xmas_grin:

Yes, I have ran my DMax (LLY) with a programmer. I know how much they can gain. :happydrunks:

Isn't there a programmer that is simple that is plug-n-play no adjustment and give 50-100hp?

All of them pretty much have some sort of setting you choose to set it to, but tuners like Hypertech and Superchips offer a tuner that just reflashes the PCM with a new calibration/ program. You choose either setting 1,2, or 3. I programmed mine with a Hypertech and just leave it on 2. It's ok for towing and gives it quite of bit of extra power for playing around town. You definitley want a pyro gauge though to moniter EGT's while towing on setting 2. Hope this helps.