Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Whats up guy's? New to this site but I have duned with ISBB out at Glamis so he can vouch for me on here... :chev_bowtie:

I am in the process of getting a new 5 seat rail from AG and it has a wing trunk. I want to mount LED Brake lights and possibly an Amber light.

I want to see what others have done to their rails with these.

I am also planning on coming out to Dumont for Presidents and hanging out so I would like to meet some of you and get the special tour of your dunes and of course drink a few with you all as well

BPGUY-tim :finger_smiley:

Posted

Keep em coming.

And thanks for the welcome to the board.

I currently have a light bar from the chevy minivans as my brake light on my current rail. (Chenowith) I want to do the red led's that the big rigs have and some of the newer trailers and integrate it into the wing somehow. So any pics like that would be great.

Tim

Posted

Here is the way mine came... Any body know where I can pick up an extra one of these lights? One of mine has a broken lense.

post-637-1166292322.jpg

post-637-1166292371.jpg

Posted

The rear taillight off a Tahoe or yukon would work pretty good.. :D But its a little short.. I like the longer one like dunefreak has. :D

Posted

The rear taillight off a Tahoe or yukon would work pretty good.. :D But its a little short.. I like the longer one like dunefreak has. :D

ISBB- actually I have put up to 3 of them together and it made a loooong brake light for my old K and J trailer. It worked great for that but wouldn't do it to my new rail.

I can't wait for the new rail to get here. Trying to make it happen before Presidents but if not I will be taking out the old one. You know the one I drive like a quad!!!

Posted (edited)

Hmmm...that might work. Need to talk to Dustin at AG and see how it could be put into the wing.

Thanks

Tim

We put ours in the wing. Not a great pic but that's all I have.

post-1439-1166493459.jpg

Edited by desertskyz
Posted

post-1872-1166547429.jpg

We put ours in the wing. Not a great pic but that's all I have.

post-1439-1166493459.jpg

Thats what i am talking about right there... I was wanting to use the LED's used on trailer's.

I know I am not the first guy to think of this... Just want to see how others incorperate them into the wing.

I want to use the ones I have added above.

Posted

They are going to be BRIGHT as He!!. How Big are they? Trailer lights Hummmmm....

I think they are about 5 inches long and maybe 2 inches tall. Yes, typical trailer lights.

They are on E-bay all day long for about 35-40 bucks. I want BRIGHT when I get on the brakes so no one hits me from the rear..

Posted

You can get those at a truckstop for around $25, with 40 leds in them. They are very easy to mount/wire, and you can get replacements for cheap. :D

Posted

You can get those at a truckstop for around $25, with 40 leds in them. They are very easy to mount/wire, and you can get replacements for cheap. :D

Thanks for the info.. cheaper and no Shipping costs!

Posted

Hey tim think tony would hook me up with a ride in the truggy over presidents weekend.. :D

ANYONE that wants a ride is free to jump in!!!

It's a 4 seater. I think I have been in it 3 or 4 times. It doesnt do anything for me but it is a nice looking truck.

Posted (edited)

mine (past tense) has the rubber grommet mounted truck lights. amber center light and red tail/brake lights. VERY noticeable at any distance...

post-1562-1166826586.jpg

Edited by grporter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...