Price u pay for oil changes

vegas450r

125.00 oil change?? i get 4 for that price from the dealer. have you checked with local dealers for speacials

from what i am understanding from what you wrote is that you pay $125.00 for 4 oil changes spread out over time.Is that correct?If so how often do they run those specials?

I see you have a 08 cr39 weekend warrior, we are ordering the cr37 weekend warrior.How do you like it?I have only seen the 07 but the info and pictures on the 08 seem alot nicer.

Back to the oil change subject, we just bought a 06 f-350 deisel to pull the new toy hauler,looking foward to the oil change bill as i heard it is not cheap.BIG KID TOY'S,YOU WANT TO PLAY YOU PAY$$$

:chev_bowtie: I love the 08 new front cap and new rear cap. Ours is the billet edition with almost every option. :slap:

:loser: You can go in and tell them that you do not want a 5K checkup and to just change the oil, I think that is like $60 and the heard dealerships have a code for it even though not all the service writers know it. Billy Chang did this for me.

:chev_bowtie: I love the 08 new front cap and new rear cap. Ours is the billet edition with almost every option. :slap:

:loser: You can go in and tell them that you do not want a 5K checkup and to just change the oil, I think that is like $60 and the heard dealerships have a code for it even though not all the service writers know it. Billy Chang did this for me.

thanks for getting back to me.Tah!Tah!

SAVE LOTS OF MONEY AND DO IT YOUR SELF. DOCUMENT AND SAVE THE SALES RECEIPTS. THATS WHAT I USED TO DO. THEN I MARRIED A MECHANIC

Oop, sorry forgot the cap locks again.

I used to do my own....all the time, but the hassle of finding an autozone or checker that will take the waste oil was getting to be tooooo much. Now I just change fluids on the rail.

I used to do my own....all the time, but the hassle of finding an autozone or checker that will take the waste oil was getting to be tooooo much. Now I just change fluids on the rail.

It's my understanding that Republic Services will take the oil on recycle days. Supposed to use a plastic milk jug and leave them on the curb with the other recyclables.

I don't know if that'll make it worth doing it yourself again or not, but I know some mechanics bring it down to the shop and dump it there. (Pain in the butt transporting it?) :D

It's my understanding that Republic Services will take the oil on recycle days. Supposed to use a plastic milk jug and leave them on the curb with the other recyclables.

I don't know if that'll make it worth doing it yourself again or not, but I know some mechanics bring it down to the shop and dump it there. (Pain in the butt transporting it?) :D

I used to attempt that...but since I don't recycle they just drive right past my jugs of oil.

• 3 weeks later...

ok i guess i will let you guys in on a little secret i i get mine done at wal-mart yes you read right, and they put in Rottella T in it for 32.00 with filter. I have a 2500hd duramax and they also have the delo stuff too same price dont know how they do it and dont care.

I know, they dont actually change it. LOL.

No, that sounds about right. I do my dodge myself, my cummins holds 12 qts. Sams sells rotella for about 40$ a case I think but that will do 3 changes. The good filters are 8$ each from charles W carter truck parts. I actually get down there and take out that drain plug, but I guess the 100+ $ is worth it.

I guess thats about 20$ per change about, and if the 200+ k miles is any indication, Im doing it right.