Dumont trip gone bad

midtravel

Got this from another site Link to pictures at bottom. Not sure if you guys have seen this :stirthepot:

A couple was traveling to Dumont on what I understand was the maiden voyage with the toys just Husband and Wife...

Somewhere N. Of Baker about 20miles from Dumont they blow a rear tire on their 4Runner...

The roll both the car and the trailer... apparently even the hitch snapped clean off as the trailer jackknifed around them and hit the car...

I am amazed no one was injured at least that is the story I'm getting...

Even only minor damage to the bikes... a bent handle bar on one and the other some plastic damage... both bikes started right up...

you'll see why I'm amazed no major injuries and the toys are in tact below!

My Webpage

Edited by midtravel

Glad everyone is alright, but why are they pulling a toyhauler with a 4runner. That can't be the safest tow vehicle even when pulling a superlite ww. Just like reading so many sites how people need to choose the proper tow vehicle, if another car was involved they could of been at fault because they were way over their weight limit. Anyways, glad everyone is ok.

:stirthepot:

I agree with the no kids in the trailer....my parents never let my brother and I do this for a reason and I will do the same. Never know if you are going to have an accident and structurally toy hauler will not with stand a rollover. Just plywood and 2x4's, unlike a car that is made out of metal and is engineered to with stand different situations (rollover/headon).

:mc_smiley: Crazy stuff. It's good they weren't injured. Hopefully they can recoupe all their money and get a proper tow vehicle this time. Blown out rear tire or not, a 4 runner is not safe to tow ANY toyhauler. :laughoff:

:mc_smiley: 4RUNNERWRECK028.jpg

nuff said right there

looking at the second pic, it looks to be a superlite front bedroom.....the smallest one that WW makes is the 23..

think about it....a 4 runner, pulling a 23 ft front sleeper, filled with toys, full of water, and both vehicles loaded for the dunes...

wtf was the owner thinking......HE/SHE WASN'T!!!

Glad no one was hurt

looking at the second pic, it looks to be a superlite front bedroom.....the smallest one that WW makes is the 23..

think about it....a 4 runner, pulling a 23 ft front sleeper, filled with toys, full of water, and both vehicles loaded for the dunes...

wtf was the owner thinking......HE/SHE WASN'T!!!

Glad no one was hurt

My response is WHY!

A 4Runner is a Mini SUV, I see so many people that either don't read on don't care about what COULD happen. I am glad I was not coming the oppsite direction, with all my kids in my Motorhome!

There is a thing called GVW, Max Tounge Weight ... I would no even pull this with my GMC1500 Pickup, maybe the 1500HD???

:beercheers: