Towing double

YamaKiller

Anybody here tow a trailer behind thier 5th wheel. Concerned about the 2nd trailer bouncing alot or swaying a lot. It will be a small 6x10 trailer for a rhino and I have noticed that my 5th wheel does porpois which in turn would amplify the bouncing on the 2nd trailer. Any help appriciated.

Anybody here tow a trailer behind thier 5th wheel. Concerned about the 2nd trailer bouncing alot or swaying a lot. It will be a small 6x10 trailer for a rhino and I have noticed that my 5th wheel does porpois which in turn would amplify the bouncing on the 2nd trailer. Any help appriciated.

Guy across the street tows double. To eliminate the 2nd trailer sway he bought a sway bar from camping world and then had the set up custom welded to the front of the trailer tongue. It works very well for him.

here's some info i found

Class A: is required to drive combination vehicles, such as tractor-trailers, with a gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the vehicle being towed has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds or more.

Class B: is required to drive single vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds; the operator may tow a vehicle weighing 10,000 pounds GVWR or less.

Class C: is for cars, vans, pickups, mopeds, and other vehicles with a GVWR of 26,000 pounds or less; allows towing of a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less.

Class M: is for motorcycles. If you drive a motorcycle and a Class A, B, or C vehicle, your license will show both classes, provided you have met all other requirements. Additionally, Nevada has a Class M license with a U Restriction that limits riders to mopeds, trimobiles, and motorcycles that are less than 90 cc and do not exceed 6½ horsepower.

See Motorcycles, Mopeds & Bicycles.

Endorsement J Allows Class C license to tow a vehicle over 10,000 pounds GVWR.

Additional written and skills tests are required.

Endorsement R Allows Class C license to tow a combination of vehicles not to exceed 70 feet in length. Additional written and skills tests are required.

Endorsement F

See Nevada Administrative Code Chapter 483 for a complete list of restrictions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need a class A license in california to pull doubles.

My buddy pulls a 20 footer enclosed behind his 5th wheel. He had a hitch installed on his fifth wheel and put anti sway bars on it after the first trip and pulls like a champ now. Without the anti sway bars, it was a white knuckler.

3 of my freinds did it 2 said it was no big deal the third one said f this in the ear. now this season non of them have doubles i guess its a solution but not a permanent one.

Chris Hersch from eyeball fab was pulling an 18' box trailer behind his 5th wheel with an lt car till the hitch started seperating from the frame on the front of the 5th wheel

:happydrunks: