How to make my YFZ Haul ass

Sand_YFZ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my text is gone from my post. :happydrunks: Oh well,anyway i lost my billet taillight at dumont last trip,so i bought some led's and made my own.Also i had a custom flag made i run on my yfz from dwflags.com here is a link,she can do anything you need for real cheap and they look awesome.Here is a linkEbay link<------Click here

as long as your on here whats your take on the cam question hot cams or the yz trick any differences between rev boxes from all the different companies

The yz cam is the same as doing the cam mod,no performance diff there.The hotcams you will see a little top end pull diff.With the web +5 race grind you will see a nice noticeable gain top to bottom,those are awesome cams.The is a new crower gen3 billet cam that runs great too.The cams in the yfz are great cams and with the cam mod they work great,but to be honest i will probably do cams myself.I would probably go with the webs or the gen 3.The hotcams are a great budget minded cam for sure though. :happydrunks::beercheers::beerpint::rockon::drunk::laughoff:

:happydrunks: as far as CDI boxes go there a ONLY 3 different rev boxes made.1 is the Dyna,the best one of them all maybe,lots of different options on this one but very expensive too.2 is the vortex which from what i read wont work or need a modification to work with aftermarket flywheels,this is a very nice unit also and a bit on the pricey side.3 is a Procom which is basically every little black box you see with big gun,esr,white bros,etc...... stickers on them.They are basically all the same with stickers on them.Mine that took a crap at dumont was a cheapy procom i paid 90 bucks on ebay for.it lasted a year then crapped out.If i buy another it will be the Dyna.Hope that helps

i am just wanting to do a few things to get a little more out of my bike without getting a bunch of money tied up and still maintain a nice desert bike

Ill tell you right now the best investment to get faster at the dunes without limiting your bike is a badass set of tires,like padla bratts,or double or triple buffed 6 or 7 cup haulers on blue labels.mount em up on like 8x7 inch wheels and you will pick it up bigtime,by cutting down on your rotating mass.21x12x8 is a perfect all around tire size for the do all purpose. :happydrunks: call fullerton sandsports

keep your stock gearing too,like 14-38,if my bike will pull 4th up comp with my fat a$$ on it yours will too,mine did that as a bolt on bike too.so dont play with your gearing to pull more gears,get a better tire setup and keep your gearing

thanks for all the good info i appreciate it i will check out those tires i was looking at a set of edges or sand stars since my tires are a bit on the worn out side

dont get sandstars,they are one of the heaviest tires on the market.Like a boat anchor.If you get edges try to get them on an 8 inch wheel.I would suggest 21-12-8 haulers from fullerton.They are very reasonable,maybe a couple hundred for a set or so.

she said she did the font style as the main page reads i asked about the "coin" but she said circles sometimes are not so good so i just went with the dumont dune riders.com in old english i was hoping to turn you guys on to it and maybe get some more people interested in the site

she said she did the font style as the main page reads i asked about the "coin" but she said circles sometimes are not so good so i just went with the dumont dune riders.com in old english i was hoping to turn you guys on to it and maybe get some more people interested in the site

I was going to eventually get those made up, along w/ a bunch of other cool ideas too. Time & money- 2 things that are hard to come by sometimes. They will come about soon enough though. :happydrunks: Start a new thread under DDR Gear if anyone wants to talk more about it. :D

• 1 month later...

perfect jetting for dumont for a yfz450 on gas is 175 main,45 pilot,and 1 3/4 turns out of the fuel screw.worked perfect on mine until i switched fuels.

Thats what I use except 2 turns on the screw,, and the Yami needle, with 1 click more on the clip.

Any more jetting tends to add a lag, or flat spot in the low end.

We use the Yoshi pipe, and found the med silencer insert gave the best low and top end results.

Don't take the jets / pipe insert advise from Yoshi, they have no clue how to super tune a YFZ, and they know it.

No silencer insert and we lost low end big time.

The smallest insert seemed to effect top end.

Also have the Alba high rev black box that added 1000 RPM, and the very first mod before you do anything to a YFZ should be a different airfilter other than stock.

Sandstars are very nice tires,, but Haulers give ya the uphill edge if you have a head for wheelies,, which I don't but wish I did,, so I run sandstars.

People running haulers seem to stick to the side of bowls better at high speed than us running starz,, but damfino on that observation,,,

Also:

P1120089.sized.jpg

PC250084.sized.jpg

PC240072.sized.jpg

PB260056_003.sized.jpg

Plus 100 octane race gas cut 40% with 91 octane.

No matter what you do,, there will always be someone out there who is faster.

No one could beat us our first weekend out until a guy on a DS 650 showed up with a snomobile motor on it and he annihilated every sand vehicle out there. Incredably fast.

So my feelings are just a powerfull,, good handling, fun to ride, comfortable quad that'll keep up with your friends on group rides fits our needs,, and it has to be dependable too.

Everyone I know that has run NOS has grenaded their engine.

I know he does just making that suggestion... I believe its only 3 or 3 1/2 turns for the screw to fall out... Too far out and there will be no pressure on the spring in there to hold it in place and will fall out... Just a observation to be aware of is all.. :D