How to make my YFZ Haul ass

Sand_YFZ

I have the perfect recipe to make stock bore/stroke YFZ's fast as a scalded cat.If any of you guys want a faster YFZ just ask.Ive done all the trial and error for you.Ive learned alot about these bikes and am willing to share the wealth. :dunno: I can help with the 450r too but damn im no miracle worker.LMAO!!!JK i know very good combos for those as well.Just ask.Later,Aaron aka PhatBlack450 :mc_smiley:

post-16-1131502846_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha... if they can stuff a freakin gixxer motor in a damn shifter cart... puttin one in a bansheee should be no problem.. :D Lets race b*tch!!!!

dont waste your time putting a busa in a banshee frame,a big stroker banshee will whoop it.Streetbike quads have a miserable time off the line,and by the time the motor revs up the race is over.The one at Banshee wars is a built turboed nitrous bike and lost to a banshee.They were running the sam mph but it couldnt hang with the banshee off the line.Not to mention there probably isnt a hill on the planet big enough for a busa quad to reach its top speed.im serious though i want to help you all get your yfz's up to par.

I have the perfect recipe to make stock bore/stroke YFZ's fast as a scalded cat.If any of you guys want a faster YFZ just ask.Ive done all the trial and error for you.Ive learned alot about these bikes and am willing to share the wealth. :laughoff: I can help with the 450r too but damn im no miracle worker.LMAO!!!JK i know very good combos for those as well.Just ask.Later,Aaron aka PhatBlack450 :laughing:

I Have a 05 yfz450 runs pretty good. Have a titanium yoshi exhaust system jet kit hi rev cdi box open air box and dropped a tooth on the front sprocket. If you have any ideas on how to increase performance from here please let me know.

I Have a 05 yfz450 runs pretty good. Have a titanium yoshi exhaust system jet kit hi rev cdi box open air box and dropped a tooth on the front sprocket. If you have any ideas on how to increase performance from here please let me know.

Well you are going to need a new intake,ESR sells the airbox eliminator for about 80 bucks shipped,or you can get a ron woods for about 140ish.Either of those will pick it up.Put your gearing back to stock.Tires are going to make the biggest difference for you in the dunes.For example if you have sandstars on itp wheels then they probably weigh around 18lbs each.Switch those up for some 21-12-8 haulers with about 6 or 7 cups.on Douglas blue labels.Cutting down the rotating mass on the bike will give big gains in the sand.If you are wanting a little more topend pull,then the Yoshi isnt the best pipe for the application.Its more of a bottom-midrange pipe.The ESR,Ron Woods,or Sparks Big Core are going to give you much better top end pulling power.If you want some pour in power then run some stinky sh*t.The VP U-4 will give you 2-3 horse guaranteed.Its a bit pricey though at 12 bucks a gallon.With the yfz set-up,and horsepower to weight ratio is critical to making it fast,the motor doesnt need a whole lot.

Well you are going to need a new intake,ESR sells the airbox eliminator for about 80 bucks shipped,or you can get a ron woods for about 140ish.Either of those will pick it up.Put your gearing back to stock.Tires are going to make the biggest difference for you in the dunes.For example if you have sandstars on itp wheels then they probably weigh around 18lbs each.Switch those up for some 21-12-8 haulers with about 6 or 7 cups.on Douglas blue labels.Cutting down the rotating mass on the bike will give big gains in the sand.If you are wanting a little more topend pull,then the Yoshi isnt the best pipe for the application.Its more of a bottom-midrange pipe.The ESR,Ron Woods,or Sparks Big Core are going to give you much better top end pulling power.If you want some pour in power then run some stinky sh*t.The VP U-4 will give you 2-3 horse guaranteed.Its a bit pricey though at 12 bucks a gallon.With the yfz set-up,and horsepower to weight ratio is critical to making it fast,the motor doesnt need a whole lot.

Thanx for the info. I will try the wheels and tires; im running the sandstars w/ itp rims now.

Ill also put on the airbox eliminator. Im running 100octain now. Can I still pull comp in 5th gear wide open if i replace the stock gearing? Thanx again for the help.

dont waste your time putting a busa in a banshee frame,a big stroker banshee will whoop it.Streetbike quads have a miserable time off the line,and by the time the motor revs up the race is over.The one at Banshee wars is a built turboed nitrous bike and lost to a banshee.They were running the sam mph but it couldnt hang with the banshee off the line.Not to mention there probably isnt a hill on the planet big enough for a busa quad to reach its top speed.im serious though i want to help you all get your yfz's up to par.

i hear ya. i went to the sand drags at primm earlier this year and saw a busa powered banshee waiting in line to run. i was excited to see how it did and yes it got killed off the line. :beercheers:

HEY FELLAS GLAD TO FIND SOMEBODY WITH SOME TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS ON YFZ SETUPS. I WILL GLADLY TAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. 04 YFZ WITH A WHITE BROS SLIP ON, PRODESIGNS AIRFILTER, 168 MAIN JET, 21-12-10 SAND SKATES ON ITP C SERIES WHEELS, STOCK TIRES UP FRONT FOR NOW UNSURE OF WHAT FRONT TIRES TO GET. I PRIMARILY RIDE IN THE DESERT BUT AM WANTING A SETUP TO CHANGE TO WHEN HEADING TO THE DUNES. NOT A LOT OF EXPERIENCE IN THE DUNES BUT THIS PAST WEEKEND WAS AWESOME. MY BIKE SEEMED TO START CUTTING OUT OR BLUBBERING WHEN REACHING THE TOPS AND POWER WAS LOST. WHEN DOWN SHIFTING IT DIDNT ALWAYS SEEM TO PICK RIGHT BACK UP. NEVER HAD TO TUNE MY BIKES BEFORE SO A LITTLE UNSURE OF WHICH WAY TO GO WITH GEARING OR JETTING. I AM ALSO LOOKING AT CHANGING MY REARS TO EITHER ITPS OR SKAT TRAK EDGES AS THESE SEEM ALOT TALLER THAN WHAT I BELIEVE I NEED. :beercheers:

Glad you found the forum... Please refrain from using all caps when posting it ensinuates that your YELLING at everyone.. :D

Where did you buy your bike from? What elevation do you usually ride when the bike feels like it has the most power?? Typically the higher you go elevation wise the leaner you need to make your bike... BUT if you ride the deserts and what not of vegas and surrounding areas at over 2000 feet then drop down to dumont at sea level its possible that your getting TOO RICH... its hard to tell without physically hearing or seeing how the bike reacts... and any other information about it... but im willing to bet its just a jetting thing and isnt tht complicated to cure..

Glad you found the forum... Please refrain from using all caps when posting it ensinuates that your YELLING at everyone.. :D

Where did you buy your bike from? What elevation do you usually ride when the bike feels like it has the most power?? Typically the higher you go elevation wise the leaner you need to make your bike... BUT if you ride the deserts and what not of vegas and surrounding areas at over 2000 feet then drop down to dumont at sea level its possible that your getting TOO RICH... its hard to tell without physically hearing or seeing how the bike reacts... and any other information about it... but im willing to bet its just a jetting thing and isnt tht complicated to cure..

caps off, lol i bought the bike from a mutual friend he is the one who had the pipe added white bros told me i should have a 162 jet in it with the pipe kit but when i pulled the jet it was a 168. prodesigns said rejetting was not required with the air filter kit. i am not sure of the sea level i am in barstow, ca and all my riding is around here. i just replaced my plug with a new one because i started having a slight problem around here and after replacemant it seemed fine. my first ride of the day on friday was ok but i still had a slight problem. something i hadnt thought about was i usually take my kids out for rides one is a raptor 80 and the other a 4 zinger (60cc) which means lots of slow riding i dont really get past 3rd. after our ride around the dunes i went back out with a buddie and my problem seemed worse. now i realize my jetting is off but could the slower cruises cause my bike to maybe load up? thanks for any help

not to common on a 4 stroke but i spose anything is possible... best to find out what elevation your at in barstow first and then we can go from there... You also might want to look into a jetting kit like JD or possibly hit up thumpertalk.com there is a particular forum for the yfz450 quad and im sure there are a few bright individuals in there to help you out with your jetting woes..

elevation in barstow is 2106. i am really hoping to get it fixed by the 30th as i am taking the family back up again along with my buddy and his family. i have another friend who has a ton of jets and said i could have what i want and they are all keihins so i will be saving a little money on that.

yeah i will check that out again it seemed each article i had looked i hadnt found anybody that rode or gave suggestions for dumont thats why when i found you guys i was happy that at least i would be talking mostly to guys from the same riding spot. i will go back and register with them to and look for any help.

I know at the top of the WR426 and YZ426 a couple fellas participated in posting thier elevation mods and jetting specs... didnt know if maybe there was something similar in the quad section... just by reading that stuff there is how i came to the conclusion my jetting was pretty darn close and the problem lied else where.. :D damn fuel mix screw... I also would recommend one of those for the kehien FCR-01 and 02 carbs.. the zip-ty easy adjust fuel screw... makes a world of diffrence when fine tuning your carb..

sounds lean to me

If he rides at 2000+ feet and drops to sea level theoretically he would need a richer setting meaning hes running lean... DAMMIT i gotta think before i type.. i was thinking the other way around till i started typing this... CRAP baberrt is right again...

right on thanks sandyfz i will most definetly give it a whirl we have another family trip planned for the 30th and i might possibly be heading up with some buddies at thanksgiving. i have pulled the main jet before without pulling the carb do i need to pull it to get to the other jet. thanks again to all you fellow duners for help. i wish pulling the plug was a little easier to take a reading but oh well.