Curb "ramps"

miss mich

Does anyone know of ANY place in town (Vegas) that sells diamond plate curb ramps or something similar? We have heard of putting asphalt in the gutter and working it up to a ramp, but is there a law against that in Henderson? We are tired of backing the truck or trailer in and getting bumped around hopping over the curb. :bump: If you know of anywhere or have any suggestions, let me know.

THANKS!!!

We have heard of putting asphalt in the gutter and working it up to a ramp, but is there a law against that in Henderson?

I don't know about Henderson, but where I live in Clark County the County came by and knocked out a bunch that people had put in.

Does anyone know of ANY place in town (Vegas) that sells diamond plate curb ramps or something similar? We have heard of putting asphalt in the gutter and working it up to a ramp, but is there a law against that in Henderson? We are tired of backing the truck or trailer in and getting bumped around hopping over the curb. :bump: If you know of anywhere or have any suggestions, let me know.

THANKS!!!

I don't know about Henderson either, but call the City of Henderson Code Enforcement or the HOA if you have to answer to one, they would definately know.

I have seen some folks build gutter ramps with asphalt and/or diamond plate, but they ran a pipe thru (under) it to allow for drainage. That could make the difference, I suppose. :dunno:

Edited by dinicolady

I have diamond plate that I bought at steel engineering under the spaghetti bowl was a couple hundred $ 4 years ago. I have 2 pieces 16"x60" started with one piece but that was too heavy to move around myself. I bolted it to the driveway and about 10" into the street over the gutter.only problem was trash would get caught under it and was kind of a mess to clean out. I have had it down on the street for 4 years and no one has said anything. I do live in a older area clovasac (sp) so its not like it is out there for people to pass everyday.

I don't know about Henderson either, but call the City of Henderson Code Enforcement or the HOA if you have to answer to one, they would definately know.

I have seen some folks build gutter ramps with asphalt and/or diamond plate, but they ran a pipe thru (under) it to allow for drainage. That could make the difference, I suppose. :bump:

They did the same thing in my neighborhood, but they were still removed.

I have diamond plate that I bought at steel engineering under the spaghetti bowl was a couple hundred $ 4 years ago. I have 2 pieces 16"x60" started with one piece but that was too heavy to move around myself. I bolted it to the driveway and about 10" into the street over the gutter.only problem was trash would get caught under it and was kind of a mess to clean out. I have had it down on the street for 4 years and no one has said anything. I do live in a older area clovasac (sp) so its not like it is out there for people to pass everyday.

We live in a cul-de-sac also.....I think someone complained to code enforcement and they removed them. :dunno:

If you can get away with it....I say go for it.

Can't you have someone weld a set out of angle iron, seems that it would be lighter that diamond plate and could still hold the trailer. The 4x4 idea sounds like the easiets and cheapest to do, plus lighter when it comes to putting them away.

we have a 30ft fleetwood gearbox toyhauler and have to back over a curb to get the trailer along side the house and we used to do the blocks and 2x4s and they would break even when backing our boat over them so we had a guy make a set of ramps(2)..we paid $100 for him to make them. and they work excellent

post-2095-1170214420.jpg

post-2095-1170214469.jpg

post-2095-1170214535.jpg

we have a 30ft fleetwood gearbox toyhauler and have to back over a curb to get the trailer along side the house and we used to do the blocks and 2x4s and they would break even when backing our boat over them so we had a guy make a set of ramps(2)..we paid $100 for him to make them. and they work excellent

That is the perfect example of what I was talking about, I would do like he has and have some welded up.

Thanks everyone for your input. Giannamyhero.....those are exactly what I am looking for. I saw something similiar to these in my area today as a matter of fact, and thought those looked like they would be ideal.