Shopping for toyhauler's

BudlightBob

Does anybody own an American Freedom hauler? I am looking at one that looks good, but don't see many out there. I was just wandering if there was something wrong with them.

If your open to looking at other RV's I have a STRONG hook up at Findley RV and Johnny Walkers if you are interested. PM me for the names of the managers you need to talk to. They will both do you a very great deal. No headaches.

American Freedom is a relatively new brand of toy hauler. I have not been able to find much in the way of advertisement. Aceisback was talking them up on the last trip....maybe he will join in the discussion

I saw one for sale online, and it looks decent. the price was good, but, myself, i would be leary about the low price....the old addage, you get what you pay for.....I would have to take a hard look at one before i bought

this is the only info i could garner from rv.net

american freedoms for sale

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

I would shop around for something else. I looked at those when I was shopping and that's as far as that went. They are very cheaply made and I was reading a thread somewhere else where a couple of people that had them had all sorts of serious problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I am very anal about where my money goes and the quality and service that I recieve for my dollars spent. So much so that I've had my $8K down payment sitting in savings for two years now. I stumbled on American Freedom sort of by accident and am glad I did so. After much research I will probably be going with them when the time comes. They don't advertise which is why alot of people haven't heard of them. And also why their prices blow every other manufacturers out of the water. I will state though that once you get into the 24'+ range that they are close to the same range as other makes, but I still feel you get more for your money. Factory is in Riverside and they are more than glad to have you tour the place.

Searched many forums high and low and have found only a handful of people with any problems and they were always the normal descrepancies associated with toy haulers anyway. Have found no one so displeased that they wouldn't own another.

I'll be taking the plunge hopefully this summer when the prices drop a little.

Edited by aceisback

My best advise when buying a toy hauler is check out your service department and check on

the service after the sale. Being in the service industry myself I'm very picky with how I'm treated

after the sale and in service. I will only buy from Johnny Walker RV even if I found a toy hauler

I liked better at another place. They are great and the service is worth it. I don't care what kind

of toy hauler you buy your going to have a few small items that will surface they take good care

of you. Check out where you buy from so you don't get stuck with a broken hauler and no one

to help you.

Good Luck if you go to Johnnie Walker. Those guys are dicks, Period! I could care less on who you know there and what kind of deal they say your going to get. I went there to buy a Rampage and they would not go below $45,000 for a scaled back (option wise) unit. I went to Painters RV in St George Ut and they cut me a deal on a better unit with WAY MORE options than Johnnie Walker, paid for my taxes and Reg in Nevada. All for the less than wat Johnnie Walker was trying to shove at me. So if you want to save $$$$ then try someplace other than Johnnie Walker.

Just me .02

if you want a deal forget las vegas! go down to riverside/san bernadino area or the rv mall down there..we went down there and bought a 30ft fleetwood gearbox for a smokin deal!! we went all over vegas looking for a toyhauler and they just can't deal like they can down there. its a simple supply and demand with lots of competion. a place that has good deals as well is afforable rv in barstow they have tons of haulers there

Good Luck if you go to Johnnie Walker. Those guys are dicks, Period! I could care less on who you know there and what kind of deal they say your going to get. I went there to buy a Rampage and they would not go below $45,000 for a scaled back (option wise) unit. I went to Painters RV in St George Ut and they cut me a deal on a better unit with WAY MORE options than Johnnie Walker, paid for my taxes and Reg in Nevada. All for the less than wat Johnnie Walker was trying to shove at me. So if you want to save $$$$ then try someplace other than Johnnie Walker.

Just me .02

Sorry, but I must beg to differ with you on this one. (You probably had a jackass of a salesperson, tho....they can be found anywhere!) We have bought twice from them now. Our first was a TT, 24' WideLite. Jeannette took very good care of us on that one, so when we upgraded to our TH, we went back to her. Brought a printout with us of the exact same model we wanted located in WA state for thousands less, "demanded" a price match and they did it!! When all was said and done, we walked outta there with the TH (options/upgrades inc), upgraded hitch installed, and sales tax for $5K less than their original invoice price! Even installed a flip-town table I wanted free of charge. I think we SCORED!! :D