Fuel Injection in the Rhino

Kitcat

That would be bad a$$ ive heard that there putting the new 700 gizz motor in there with fuel injection im not sure but thats what ive heard.

That's what my husband was suspecting, but he hasn't seen it confirmed anywhere. He's waiting to see what they have in 2008.

My husband loves the Rhino, but we're wondering if they're thinking about coming out with fuel injection in the near future. What have you heard? What do you think???

:D

They will have the 700 motor with fuel injection this year around October. I have also seen after market kits on the web.

ATV Action mag has just released the test of the RZR SXS from Polaris with subtitle "Smokes the Rhino" Fuel injected 800CC 60+ MPH . I'll have one before the Rhino unless they can come up with a RZR eater by Oct. Check it out, and MSRP $9999 with plenty of after market bling to add to it right out the door.

I've read everything I can find on the RZR, and it sounds tough to beat. My theory is give Yamaha a year and they will have to step it up. You gotta love competition. Buy in '08

Let's just hope that Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki come out with something worthwhile too.

here is my take on the rhino and the fuel injection issue......

Rhinos are selling like hotcakes, states like AZ cannot keep them on the showroom floor. Dealers there charge WAY more than msrp, because they can.

Also, Yamaha has a quantity of the 660 motor that they need to deplete first

all of this, and the class action lawsuit against yamaha regarding rollovers. the decision in that case could change the landscape of the utv market.

my feelings are that NOTHING will be done to the rhino from the factory, except maybe new color offerings, and other things that do not effect performance, until the decision in the lawsuit is handed down.

:mic:

ON to the RZR. there was a RZR in bakersfield two weekends ago at the local polaris dealership. my friend and his brother (both over 6' 2" and more than 270) both claimed that they sat in it, and although narrower than the ranger, with only two seats, was more than plenty of room inside. The seating is lower, as well as the cage, so no toy hauler issues as far as loading, unloading, as long as you don't have less than 6 ft of clearance in the back.

yeah, the looks of it suck, but with what it can do performance wise, I'll be discretionary about aesthetics

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

i think the samari is a low cost alternative that can smoke either bike...................

as far as the samauri's. I didn't even consider one when deciding on what sxs to purchase. it was an afterthought. I only have like 10 ft of space in my hauler, with my ranger BARELY able to clear the rear bunk. I don't think a sammy would have fit.

they are a viable alternative....street legal, plenty of aftermarket support. they run real nice in the dunes

80 mph stock on flat ground, and climbs well. Think about it, this is what suzuki built 20 yrs ago, now they would come out with a lighter 1397 busa power to compete. Mine came with the big rims ,15 inch dubs at no extra cost and the base engine is the 63hp 1300, with the option of 117 hp 1600.

post-634-1173884038.jpg

Although the RZR is shorter, it actually has a longer wheelbase by almost two inches. :mc_smiley:

Polaris Ranger RZR

I did not know that and thanks for the info. I have been told by a good source close to Yamaha that they will have the FI in 08 and I think the new sport model was a test and means they will come out with a new one that is even better and maybe a little safer for those who do not know how to drive and think they are in a tatum.

I did not know that and thanks for the info. I have been told by a good source close to Yamaha that they will have the FI in 08 and I think the new sport model was a test and means they will come out with a new one that is even better and maybe a little safer for those who do not know how to drive and think they are in a tatum.

and spend more money on their rhino than they would have if they bought a sandcar

couldn't have said it better myself :offtopic: