dwarf cars.

high octane junkie

any of you folks have any experience with dwarf cars, either racing or chassis set-up & prep?

just purchased a '32 ford dwarf with a yamaha fj1100 (1219 big bore) and sure could use some help getting started. gimme a holler, any information or help will be appreciated.

This is DNCHEVYMAN, not ragdollmx...how much do you currently know, have ya done it before, or just thought it looked fun and bought one? doesnt matter either way, just trying to get a feel for how much you know. do you have scales? tools and equipment? do you have a shop to do it in? me and a couple friends could come buy and help ya get it setup one night if you need us to.

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

i have some snap-on tools, but mostly wrenches. metric/sae wrenches and sockets (1/4, 3/8, 1/2), torque wrench, air impact (3/8, 1/2) , air socket (1/4, 3/8), screwdrivers, pliers, deadblows, compression gauge, snap-ring pliers, allen wrenches (metric, sae), taps & dies, files, drill bits, etc. i have some craftsman tools as well. i also have jacks, stands, bench grinder, bead blaster, etc. whatever tools i may need to work with i can purchase as well. my buddy, raptoroy, could probably do some welding for me.

i have zero experience with dwarf cars. i can take things apart and put 'em back together confidently. i could use some help figurin' this thing out, though. i purchased a used car and i can't see myself driving it the way it is. i'm having a hard time with the pedals placement.

i'm also gonna try and contact a dwarf car club and see what the rules are for running at pahrump and mohave ie: weight regulations, set-ups etc.

i do have experience with riding in dirt! =)~ i have two 700 raptors, a hundred horse banshee, a 75 horse banshee, another banshee, a quadzilla, a 350 odyssey, and a rhino. i don't have any experience circle track racing at all.

hope any of this helps, and i appreciate your response and offer. i'm near green valley hs. i have a three car garage (full of quads and tools and stuff) but i can shuffle things around and have enough room to work. anything you can do to help would be apreciated and any reasonable expense you require will be covered. thanks, joseph.

Making the car fit you and be safe is deffinately the place to start. I ve never raced dwarfs, but its my understanding (a couple years ago) that you have to pretty much buy all your parts from one supplier. The bodies and some engine stuff. The rules as I understand are very very very strict. Since the rules specify a certain dealer, they can hike the prices cause if you want to race , you have to buy from them. I also gather that lots and lots of body damage takes place pretty much everytime you run it. I looked into it alittle, and got turned off at the time.

I can alter the chassis, pedals /seat etc for you, my shop is up at warmsprings and eastern.

1320's thinking of INEX they control the Legends cars and bandoleros's at the Bullring... dwarf cars are kinda open on lots of things....a friend of mine was a state champ in a dwarf car.... I dont really know much about them other than they can be converted to long travel single seat sand cars....

i have some snap-on tools, but mostly wrenches. metric/sae wrenches and sockets (1/4, 3/8, 1/2), torque wrench, air impact (3/8, 1/2) , air socket (1/4, 3/8), screwdrivers, pliers, deadblows, compression gauge, snap-ring pliers, allen wrenches (metric, sae), taps & dies, files, drill bits, etc. i have some craftsman tools as well. i also have jacks, stands, bench grinder, bead blaster, etc. whatever tools i may need to work with i can purchase as well. my buddy, raptoroy, could probably do some welding for me.

i have zero experience with dwarf cars. i can take things apart and put 'em back together confidently. i could use some help figurin' this thing out, though. i purchased a used car and i can't see myself driving it the way it is. i'm having a hard time with the pedals placement.

i'm also gonna try and contact a dwarf car club and see what the rules are for running at pahrump and mohave ie: weight regulations, set-ups etc.

i do have experience with riding in dirt! =)~ i have two 700 raptors, a hundred horse banshee, a 75 horse banshee, another banshee, a quadzilla, a 350 odyssey, and a rhino. i don't have any experience circle track racing at all.

hope any of this helps, and i appreciate your response and offer. i'm near green valley hs. i have a three car garage (full of quads and tools and stuff) but i can shuffle things around and have enough room to work. anything you can do to help would be apreciated and any reasonable expense you require will be covered. thanks, joseph.

I used to race dirt track..modified and imca....not in a legend or dwarf but have driven a friends a few times they are a whole different breed :laughoff: alot of torque with no weight ..hard to get controlled at first..as for tracks i have been on pahrumps track many many times its a great starter track thats about it!! its never prepped very well...now for mojave that is a nice track...just no outside wall to hit. :laughoff: unless they have changed it as well....good luck with the new racing after you get the hang of the car they are fun!!

Go hit p the guys at motor mission they still race them and if you can get ahold of jimmy ewing at ewing tow. Also there is a guy in vegas they call monster works at the truck stop on craig as a service guy he ran them for years..... or email me and i can put you in touch with a few more. Most of the guys that are still racing have moved on to other classes. Jim Bonetti is a mod driver new and so is monster or come to the pahrump or mohave tracks and they both race there.

i didn't see ya there last night.. none of the coupes were runnin'. i seen the number 44 but it was on the trailer still strapped.

ran into the dwarf car guys. nice group of folks that are very helpful.

the coupe guys are kinda spoiled and called the nite off due to low car count....

• 2 weeks later...