AHHHH............HELLO!!

Richard Cheese

I am new to this forum, but have been to dumont a couple of times already. THAT PLACE ROCKS!!!

I was with 9 other DS650 enthusiasts from Wed through Superbowl Sun, and had a blast one of them was aceisback.

I got to see the new north pole mail box put up on Sat. (too bad i saw the old one too, what a bunch of a-holes to do something like that!!)

Being from Bakersfield, the closest place we have is Pismo beach. the weather is to die for, but the dunes are only 1500 acres, and they are kinda weeeeeeeeeeak.

I have come to dumont the last 2 superbowl sunday's, and hope to continue the tradition, maybe next year bring my family :D

you guys have a nice place, don't let the idiots ruin it!!!

One thing that I saw that freaked me out while there last weekend was the families riding around in rhinos, IN THE DUNES, WITHOUT HELMETS :thumbsdown:

I MEAN one rhino i saw had 5 or 6 kids hanging out the back, one guy drivin, over by superbowl, attacking transitions :thumbsdown:

at pismo, I would have said something, butnot comfortable enough yet at dumont

unfortunately, those kind of people give our sports a black eye. all it takes is one accident, the media sensationalizes it, and makes all of us look like idiots

what do you guys do when you see garbage like that?

One thing that I saw that freaked me out while there last weekend was the families riding around in rhinos, IN THE DUNES, WITHOUT HELMETS :thumb:

I MEAN one rhino i saw had 5 or 6 kids hanging out the back, one guy drivin, over by superbowl, attacking transitions :finger:

at pismo, I would have said something, butnot comfortable enough yet at dumont

unfortunately, those kind of people give our sports a black eye. all it takes is one accident, the media sensationalizes it, and makes all of us look like idiots

what do you guys do when you see garbage like that?

Yep that sh*t pisses me off. People just don't get it. They get all wrapped up in the fun sometimes and forget about safety. :thumbsdown: While sitting on the bottom of the big face hill for the DDR ride, 3rotortrav & I spotted a pickup blasting over some whoops with a chick sitting half way out of the truck. She was barley hanging on too! :thumbsdown: It looked like she was about to fall out when they went over bumps. We noticed that and were like holy crap- look at those fools! :blury:

Yep that sh*t pisses me off. People just don't get it. They get all wrapped up in the fun sometimes and forget about safety. :thumbsdown: While sitting on the bottom of the big face hill for the DDR ride, 3rotortrav & I spotted a pickup blasting over some whoops with a chick sitting half way out of the truck. She was barley hanging on too! :thumbsdown: It looked like she was about to fall out when they went over bumps. We noticed that and were like holy crap- look at those fools! :blury:

Those Fools need to go home! Before they worsen our reputation more than it allready is!

maybe if the fees that we all are paying each weekend (season) were going to the right place they could maybe have a bit more law enforcement to help keep these people in line!! :tres hermanos_rock_smiley:

yeah, but we, as a group, could be much more effective. kind of self policing, if you will. the mone ywe pay to get into dumont is alrready stretched pretty thin. I didn't see a ranger THE ENTIRE TIME i was there, from wed-sun

at pismo, if i see someone riding 2 up, or without a helmet, I go up and say something to them. if they choose to be idiots, and tell me off and not do anything about it, i just mention that the next time, swhen it is a ranger, it will be expensive. usually, if there are kids around, i point out that the adults are NOT being good role models by their behavior, and oculd end up injuring thier own children

common sense??? what the :tres hermanos_rock_smiley: is that?

While out in glamis we usually politely ask people to be a little more cautious informing them in a friendly manner of the rules ( such as riding doubles on a quad ), and if they are being reckless just remind them that thier kids are on the back unstrapped just flapping around and they should take it easy...

:thumb: im with ya there, there are a lot of dum a$$$$ out there esp, in rhinos.!!! esp the one with stars on it and its got some black i see that guy jumping with no helmet>> and hes on this forum all the time :D

Rhino king put on a helmet! :laughoff: Der! Don't wanna have to post up a good time gone bad about you someday! :grin:

:thumb: im with ya there, there are a lot of dum a$$$$ out there esp, in rhinos.!!! esp the one with stars on it and its got some black i see that guy jumping with no helmet>> and hes on this forum all the time :D

What about the Dork :laughoff: that PUT-PUT'S so slow that he almost gets run over by speeding 50cc motorcycles?

He is a real traffic inhibitor that needs a citation issued for dangerously slow duning! You all should watch out for him, his rhino is white with some stars, and I think he is on the boards and also a Steelers fan! :grin:

maybe if the fees that we all are paying each weekend (season) were going to the right place they could maybe have a bit more law enforcement to help keep these people in line!! :grin:

Trickyls, well now you have a way to give the BLM input about how your fees are used! You can get involved in the Friends of Dumont Dunes and assist or you can let me know what you would like to see as I am the Nevada off road recreational vehicle Rep to the TRT(tactical review team) which assists BLM in the use of the fee program. I am here to listen to your suggestions not your BITCHEN! If you want to get involved(which anybody who spends the money we do to buy this stuff should) let me know and I will get you a membership card for FoDD.

• 2 years later...

i would do the heartbeat thing again, but :drinkbeer: pimpshack thinks its kinda :laughing:

KUH-KUH

:laughing:

WE need to institute a thread recessitation law...no more than 3 per week (for post padding)

^^this coming from the biggest post whore in DDR history :laughing:[/size]

DDR resident

Group: Members

Member No.: 457

excuse me !!! :headbang1: :moon:

Edited by warrior07