What do you think about craigslist.com

dreamrr

I just wanted to know if any of you have ever posted anything on craigslist.com? I was board and posted my old 1986 boat on the site with a high price. I really didn't think I would have any response but 4-5 people contacted me within a couple of hours. One guy offered me $4,000 for a boat that he has only seen a picture of. He just said bring it down to Vegas. I'm thinking that it could be fraud or something. Any input?

i posted my banshee on craigslist last week and got a instant scam letter. the one with the over amount check and shipping and all that. poorly done but i wrote back and told them i was forwarding it to craigslist and FBI.

on a positive note i have called and looked at a few things off of craigslist so it does work. like selling anything you just need the right person to see it so the more that read it the better chance of finding that person .

and it is free to read and post!

I love it and besides the obvious fraudulent emails I've had nothing but good luck. I sold my restored VW, a '88 Chevy, and my quad and found good deals on car parts as well.

I wouldn't just haul it down to Vegas on the guys word. There are a bunch of tire kickers that just roam CL.

I sold my bike and quad on craigslist, and I just sold my baja90 on there about an hour ago. I bought my bike off of craigslist. It's a good place, you just need to avoid anything involving escrow or checks, cash only. That guy's probably legit if it's a person who wants to see it.

Alright, this guy just seems strange to me. He told me where he lives and said he wants to meet this week. So, I think great. Then he says he wants a 30 refund period for any major problems. I also notice that he signs his e-mail with "The Law Offices of". This guy claims to be a lawyer.

First of all, what does a lawyer want to buy my old crappy boat for?

And who wants a refund period on a used private party sale. Not going to happen.

I am thinking something is just not right.

Alright, this guy just seems strange to me. He told me where he lives and said he wants to meet this week. So, I think great. Then he says he wants a 30 refund period for any major problems. I also notice that he signs his e-mail with "The Law Offices of". This guy claims to be a lawyer.

And who wants a refund period on a used private party sale. Not going to happen.

Taylor, just do this....Tell him if he wants it no problem: it's cash only, in person, and as is- no waranty. :clap:

Taylor just remember it is your chose whether to sell or not if you feel uncomfortable

about it just tell him you will not sell to him, that will be easier then dealing with

him after the sale for ever.

:dance: :rainbow1: :clap::laughoff:

yea i would avoid that sale!! he sounds like a pain in th arse :clap: people should know used is more than likely AS IS...he want a warranty he should buy new

When they start being weird like that, I just stop responding. I have sold a desk on there and someone wanted it for his grandmothers house, which sounded off. Finally a nice woman kept emailing with me, came to check it out, and picked it up a few days later. She recently told me she loves the desk a lot! You can tell by tones of the emails if it could possibly be a scam.

Wow a 30 day refund on used stuff? NO FREAKIN WAY! Sounds like a scam or whacko.

I check craigslist almost every day and in more than one city looking for deals and trying to sell stuff, just have to watch for the obvious scams. Only buy and sell face to face and with cash.