new prob!

bubba13

ok so we solved why it didnt run now i took the motor apart and the top end the rings spread and one snaped and broke and fell into the motor and f**k up the piston why did they do it? how can i prevent it from happening agin? now im going to bore it out ddr was a great help with the last prob so i turn to u guys agin ...thanks to the hole duning comunnity :DDRrocks::laughoff::flipoff: :ahhhhh: :chat:

There are a couple possible reasons why....if it was run hard on a weak top end for a while, that could have done it, old age of the rings- it was just it's time lol, or lack of lubrication.

Usually the first one is the reason why MORE damage occurs to 2 strokes when they fail. I know from experience that when mine was low on compression I could have saved a cylinder by NOT continuing to try and run the crap out of it. :DDRrocks::flipoff::laughoff:

There are a couple possible reasons why....if it was run hard on a weak top end for a while, that could have done it, old age of the rings- it was just it's time lol, or lack of lubrication.

Usually the first one is the reason why MORE damage occurs to 2 strokes when they fail. I know from experience that when mine was low on compression I could have saved a cylinder by NOT continuing to try and run the crap out of it. :dope::DDRrocks::laughing:

Do you keep an eye on your compression then?

Do you keep an eye on your compression then?

If I am having problems with it, yes. I don't keep riding it. I mean very low compression. You can tell when a 2 stroke starts "weezing" that it's getting time for a new top end and that the compression is low.

ok so we solved why it didnt run now i took the motor apart and the top end the rings spread and one snaped and broke and fell into the motor and f**k up the piston why did they do it? how can i prevent it from happening agin? now im going to bore it out ddr was a great help with the last prob so i turn to u guys agin ...thanks to the hole duning comunnity :banghead: :eatdrink021: :beercheers::laughoff::laughoff:

if the top end had been done before its possible the ports werent chamfered good enough. that edge can catch a ring under a good load and cause that problem :(

i think that might what had happened there a guy here in vegas and he wants 150 to do both so hopefully he will do a better job then who did it befor

just remember to check the cylinders after boring. some guys include chamfering and some just bore it leaving it up to you to chamfer. make sure you ask when dropping them off for work. :D