egt temps

raptoroy

:idiot:

OK, you are gonna add some unburned fuel to the combustion chamber, then what? :laughoff:

make her smoke a little and watch ur temps change a little and down she goes. :D

if we stay here any longer you will not beable to load your trailer and i wont see u out at dumont :laughoff: then you will be posting in the who's not going section and id hate for you to have to punch urself in the face:D for not going and i was responsible for that :thumbsdown: got things to do so we shall continue later. c ya out there.

Capt

:dunno:

make her smoke a little and watch ur temps change a little and down she goes. :D

if we stay here any longer you will not beable to load your trailer and i wont see u out at dumont :laughoff: then you will be posting in the who's not going section and id hate for you to have to punch urself in the face:D for not going and i was responsible for that :laughoff: got things to do so we shall continue later. c ya out there.

Capt

:idiot::thumbsdown:

fuel has additives to help cooling so in theory more fuel will aid cooling however when you add more you also have more burning which increases cylinder pressures and causes addl heat so i believe there is a range to be held to accomplish both to a happy medium. more fuel more pressure more heat off set slightly by the cooling properties of fuel.

cutting fuel and adding boost is a blow torch melt down eminent. the olders big diesle like the ntc 350 cummins we used to put fuel " buttons " in the manual pump it smoked but you could crank 400 hp out of em, and if you went 425 to 450 hp you had to watch the pyro cause as manifold preesure increased the pyros would warm up quick on a grade. :thumbsdown:

as the "cat" installed burns unburnt gasses to an extent but they are restrictive causin back pressure which alowes hot gases to stay longer in the exhaust between the valves and the entance to the cat causing engine more engine heat so a free flow open exhaust does aid cooling.

cooling the charge coming in helps as well however keep in mind when you increse turbo presure you are creating more heat . pressure = heat so somtimes you can take measurs to lower your intake charge but its not seen cause you add more pressure. so you see no change and then you scratch your head and go wtf. lol.

increased pressure by bumping up always not somtimes but always will wear internal compnents faster than stock settings . that extra pressure turned to energy causes addl stress loads on the crank, rods, pistons , rings wristpins block and cylinder heads. most motors today can withstand more for longer periouds of time but wear still happens at an increased rate.

someone posted earlier that hp will not stress or break pistons that is only a half truth . it depends how you make that hp you increse boost or fuel you effect the motor. but freeing up restrictions to gain power will not

this IS NOT a thread for peeps like pete they know all this. this is more geared twords what i see as peeps that have alot of questions and dont know.

of course i left out computer timing aids and other precautions on electroncaly contolled engines or fuel properties . this just some basics to give you a general understanding of whats going on when you add and modify.

thats does not mean that the wear is so drastic that your truck is going to blow in a year. it could be small "for example" 25000 miles less life or 100000 miles less life. and yes before someone jumps and says my modified is still running and joe blowes blew it was stock. maintanence plays a large factor in the life of your truck . 99% of you will never own your truck long enough to even see the adverse effects of "powering up" your truck.

this not a rebuttle just basic simple information

thnx bob

Edited by barefoot bob