dumont turned glamis

Warrior07

:)

There you go. At least youre honest. Thats huge A+ in my book !!!!

Glamis is no where near what it was a few years back. With all the problems at least. It is very family oriented. I take my family 95% of the time. Last season we spent about 60 days in glamis. The best time to experience Glamis is to roll in Sunday morning about noon. and stay all week. By monday morning youll just about have the place to yourself. minus a few diehards. Its so nice and peaceful there during the week. I would not go between Christmas and New Years , there will be a Ton of rigs out there with no room to park.

My advice if you do go in between holidays or on the weekends, BTW there is no such thing as an off weekend anymore. :D Stay off of sand hwy and away from OLDS and comp hill, go south towards China wall, you find the most rightous dunes with very few people, and when you do see people they are usually experienced and very friendly. I have not been to Dumont yet, but I hear it is a fun place. it's about the same distance for me as driving to Glamis , so it's hard for me to justify. Also I keep my Toyhauler out at Glamis in storage 10 miles form the dunes. If you still don't want to go to Glamis, thats fine. Less people more uncrowed dunes for me. :D Peace out Shawn

Thanks for the pointers, Shawn. :woo_hoo: I will keep them in mind when I plan my trip. I am definitley gonna check out G later this year. :woo_hoo::woo_hoo:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stuff south of olds between the closure and olds is fun but the closer you get to china the tighter it gets... i really like the stuff behind olds but thats where everyone wants to play so i tend to do like shawn says and venture south of olds and play out that direction less crowded.

I've been to Glamis 4 times every time I go I have more fun find better lines. The last time was

with all the guys from Wicked sand cars that was in my top 10 dune trips ever. Shawn from Wicked

and Jose took us on some great dune rides. As far a crazy people we have always gone on off

weekends and camp at was 12 most of the nudity I saw was in my camp :laughoff: . People there

are about the same as Dumont some nice people and alot of camp racer jerks giving the rest

of the dune comunity a bad name. The Boardmanville bar kicks azz always have fun there.

Can't wait till next trip. :beercheers::rockwoot::beerpint:

Off-road recreation is one of the fastest growing sports and industries in the United States with 75-80% of that being on the west coast. Basically there are more people riding everyday. The problem with that is there is more and more land being taken away by the eco-terrorist everyday too. That's why any place you can legally ride has become over crowded. Which in turn causes more problems which gives the eco-terrorist more ammo to close more places. Unless an effort is made to unite the off-road community, our sport and hobby will be taken away from us by not letting us have access to land that rightfully belongs to the people. Some of the bigger corporations also need to get involved with this but they are afraid to offend the eco-terrorist faction. I know this sounds like a rant but check into it. That's why we must appreciate and support the people that our tring to keep ANY off-road area open. I have much much more but I'll leave it at that. :rockwoot:

CORVA1.jpg

Need I say more... thanks Don, you said that beautifully... :beercheers:

CORVA website

Edited by Sanduners