Should I, or Should I not ?

As everyone knows, I have been cryin about the YFZ 450 being to stiff, not comfortable, and not a versatile quad. I recently put an add on Craigs list for trade....originally I wanted the Raptor 700, and would take it in a second....but Someone contacted me with an 06 TRX 450 and is willing to trade it out. From what I recall of the TRX, it is softer than the YFZ, Seat is positioned a little more comfy, and had some good torque and speed....The guy wants to do this on Thursday....what would you do ????

check to see if it is electric start. i think it is going to be a lot like your yfz in many ways. my 04 450r with pipe filter jetting and gear change wants to go fast trail riding love it in the dunes but not set up for trail riding. i think you could set it up for that type of riding but it is going to be the same stuff you have to do now on the yfz. wait for what you realy want.. my 2 cents

check to see if it is electric start. i think it is going to be a lot like your yfz in many ways. my 04 450r with pipe filter jetting and gear change wants to go fast trail riding love it in the dunes but not set up for trail riding. i think you could set it up for that type of riding but it is going to be the same stuff you have to do now on the yfz. wait for what you realy want.. my 2 cents

Thanks vegas style....What I thought I really wanted was shot down on another thread, but I was quickly educated on the Raptor. Nice quad, but I haven't recieved any offers. I guess that shows the difference.

As everyone knows, I have been cryin about the YFZ 450 being to stiff, not comfortable, and not a versatile quad. I recently put an add on Craigs list for trade....originally I wanted the Raptor 700, and would take it in a second....but Someone contacted me with an 06 TRX 450 and is willing to trade it out. From what I recall of the TRX, it is softer than the YFZ, Seat is positioned a little more comfy, and had some good torque and speed....The guy wants to do this on Thursday....what would you do ????

See if he will let you test ride it to see how it feels, then make your decision from there :flipoff:

*** subliminal message *** *** buy some shocks and a quadtech seat cover *** end of subliminal message

Or just ride faster old man :shake::blink:

I knew you would come out of the wood works at some point :think: ! I admitted to being old on another thread just lastnight :dance: . So, Rhino here I come. It's still a Yamaha....right ?

See if he will let you test ride it to see how it feels, then make your decision from there :blink:

Ed, The guy was going to bring his over, and we would test ride each quad to see if we like the difference. It's kinda like "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours".....without the homo thoughts :think: ! And go from there. I like the Raptor alot, but thought I would give this a shot.

I wouldn't do it bro. The bikes were made for the same purpose. If it was what you were really looking for I would entertain the offer. That bike needs more mods to get where you would want it to be than your yfz. IMO, I would stay put untill you get what you want.......(And I'm a Honda guy) :think:

Don't do it! TRX 450 :blink: I have a 04 YFZ with Elka suspension and it is wonderful. I will let you ride it if you want. Doesn't beat the crap out of me like it did when it was stock... 700 raptor? Ugh! I wouldn't do that either IMO. If you already got mods done to your YFZ why not just go one step more put some good shocks on it and a 06 seat (wish I had one) and call it a day. If your dead set on a 700 raptor I MIGHT know someone willing to do the trade. I wont know that until I see him next at work monday.

Suzuki Z400 :beercheers:

:driver: couldn't resist, but I like mine better than the YFZ.

You sure do like to ride mine a lot! :woo_hoo:

I think the hard part you are going to have about selling it is the price. Also give it a shot in the dunes, you might learn to love it and be willing to put up with the rough in the dunes.

I've been to the dunes, and it cuts through like butter....no doubt the YFZ can't be stopped...it has uncompromised power....But the trails, which we do on occassion kick my A$$. As far as price goes for selling it, maybe 6K is a little high, but I know A sucker who bought an 05 for $ 6,100.....explain that.

Yamaha and Honda seem to be very comparable, for dependability....thats what I looks for....look around, how many older Kawasaki's do you see.....How many old suzuki's do you see....not as many as honda, and yamaha. Hell I still see people riding the old Honda three wheel ATC's.

Chris just change the shocks and suspension and seat and call it good.Everyone keeps saying you will like it better so go with it. :beercheers:

Quote: sincity450

Don't do it! TRX 450 I have a 04 YFZ with Elka suspension and it is wonderful. I will let you ride it if you want. Doesn't beat the crap out of me like it did when it was stock... 700 raptor? Ugh! I wouldn't do that either IMO. If you already got mods done to your YFZ why not just go one step more put some good shocks on it and a 06 seat (wish I had one) and call it a day. If your dead set on a 700 raptor I MIGHT know someone willing to do the trade. I wont know that until I see him next at work monday.

Now honey get it done. :D:woo_hoo:

Chris just change the shocks and suspension and seat and call it good.Everyone keeps saying you will like it better so go with it. :woo_hoo:

Quote: sincity450

Don't do it! TRX 450 I have a 04 YFZ with Elka suspension and it is wonderful. I will let you ride it if you want. Doesn't beat the crap out of me like it did when it was stock... 700 raptor? Ugh! I wouldn't do that either IMO. If you already got mods done to your YFZ why not just go one step more put some good shocks on it and a 06 seat (wish I had one) and call it a day. If your dead set on a 700 raptor I MIGHT know someone willing to do the trade. I wont know that until I see him next at work monday.

Now honey get it done. :D:blink:

Alright....this computer marriage counselling isn't working anymore honey ! :beercheers:

Sure, but your still telling me what to do, and now it's online ! :blink::driver::beercheers:

Stop your griping and log off :D Oh wait I think you just did,I just heard the door shut :laughing::woo_hoo:

Edited by Danielle

Ed, The guy was going to bring his over, and we would test ride each quad to see if we like the difference. It's kinda like "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours".....without the homo thoughts :beercheers: ! And go from there. I like the Raptor alot, but thought I would give this a shot.

So did he show up??? are you a honda owner now? :D

So did he show up??? are you a honda owner now? :D

No the guy didn't show up he needed to change it to Monday.

So you know what I say on that????"THAT IS A SIGHN"...."DON'T DO IT"

But what I think never matters I am just the wife who talks to hear myself talk :woo_hoo::beercheers::blink:

No the guy didn't show up he needed to change it to Monday.

So you know what I say on that????"THAT IS A SIGHN"...."DON'T DO IT"

But what I think never matters I am just the wife who talks to hear myself talk :woo_hoo::beercheers::blink:

could be true..could be a sign :driver: