BANSHEE KEIHIN CARBS 28MM

sikkbanshee

Dude start with the needle in the middle and 290 jets. The needle will need to move depending on throttle response and the jets for top end too lean or fat. Its all trial and error, so get used to pulling them out a couple of times for fine tuning. But being that the are 28 whick is the same as the stock Makuni (spelling) the 290 should be fine. :laughing:

i'll second that advice. i didn't have a cool head but mine was shaved, or the v force reeds but was .040 over with a k and n filter and was running 280 jets. they worked great. i have some 280, 290 and 310s you can take with you if you want. they are to small for mine now. i live close to you. pm me if you want them. :D

yes they are diff.. they dont use the typ 280-290 setup.. its all diff... i put in 172's right now stock sea level is 155 so we will see how it runs... i only got as far as replacing the dome(s) and installing the vforce 3 reeds.. i had to do the mod for the intake so the reed's work... so that took longer than i expected... im going to install the carbs today but i have to modify or cut the intake boot to fit the carb... urgh nothing is ez i guess...

just curious, why did you get new carbs? i asked mike kline about banshee carbs and he said the stock ones work great. there may be a little improvement in an aftermarket carb but he said stock is fine if jetted right.

my stock carbs were jackked.. the tops didnt screw on tightly anymore and i kept on having probs...