DS650 is no more!

You didn't know this was gonna happen? I thought is is suppossed to come back in a couple years from what I have heard.

yeah, I knew they took it out of their lineup for 2008, but to not see it on their website, like I have for the last 5-6 years just kinda signals the end of it....... :laughing:

:coocoo:

I have also heard that they are going to ressurect it.....but time will tell. I just hope they don't continue with the 450 frame, and try to stuff a bigger motor in it, cause I don't enjoy riding a quad with my knees in my chest. :laughing:

but check out the new can am 450. its looks and sounds like a badass bike only weighs 348 dry. its in the new dirt wheels. from what they see and have tested it looks like a contender to the rest of the 450's.

but check out the new can am 450. its looks and sounds like a badass bike only weighs 348 dry. its in the new dirt wheels. from what they see and have tested it looks like a contender to the rest of the 450's.

That's exactly opposite of what the 650 was good for. I hate those "kids bikes" (450's). They are too small for me. The size and weight of the DS was a bonus! You of all people should like a bike like that Dave. For us taller and bigger riders, that was a great, comfortable bike that soaked up the rough with ease. It's weight and size is what set it apart from the rest in a good way. When Bert brought his new DS over, I sat on it and was like - oh hell yeah, this is comfy! :beercheers:

i didnt say i wanted one. just sayin that it can compete with the other 450's out there. they did say that for taller riders that it needed some extra height on the steering stem. i wouldnt call it a kids bike though. although it is designed for puny guys that wont get thier legs tangled up doing crusty videos :D i think can am decided that with the badass utility quad they have that maybe they didnt need the ds anymore. i personally would love a ds 650 for the desert.

That's exactly opposite of what the 650 was good for. I hate those "kids bikes" (450's). They are too small for me. The size and weight of the DS was a bonus! You of all people should like a bike like that Dave. For us taller and bigger riders, that was a great, comfortable bike that soaked up the rough with ease. It's weight and size is what set it apart from the rest in a good way. When Bert brought his new DS over, I sat on it and was like - oh hell yeah, this is comfy! :beercheers:

ya. me too. i rode it but with my boots on the shifter and rear brake were all out of wack from the the banshee. just a matter of getting used to. but then again i was coming off riding that kfx. what a differance. :D

dirt homos :beercheers:

i go a pinch below 6 ft 5 in.....all the 450's i have ridden place my knees in my chest :MBdance:

prolly the kfx 700, or the yammy 700 IF they improve the suspension, so i don't have to dump another 2 grand + to get it to the level the DS is stock

That's exactly opposite of what the 650 was good for. I hate those "kids bikes" (450's). They are too small for me. The size and weight of the DS was a bonus! You of all people should like a bike like that Dave. For us taller and bigger riders, that was a great, comfortable bike that soaked up the rough with ease. It's weight and size is what set it apart from the rest in a good way. When Bert brought his new DS over, I sat on it and was like - oh hell yeah, this is comfy! :MBdance:

EX :headbang1: ZACTLY

the dune couch

:headbang1::beercheers:

i didnt say i wanted one. just sayin that it can compete with the other 450's out there. they did say that for taller riders that it needed some extra height on the steering stem. i wouldnt call it a kids bike though. although it is designed for puny guys that wont get thier legs tangled up doing crusty videos :D i think can am decided that with the badass utility quad they have that maybe they didnt need the ds anymore. i personally would love a ds 650 for the desert.

I don't drop 5-8 grand so that I can compete with other bikes. I buy a quad that fits my body, has what I require of it, and doesn't break down all the time (read: I hate wrenchin')

that is exactly what the DS was

I buy a quad that fits my body, has what I require of it, and doesn't break down all the time (read: I hate wrenchin')

Yeah, he let's me do it all while stands back with a tall cold one and watches. :dope::bump::thumb: