wierd sh*t inside my motor

barefoot bob

ok so i started pulling main bearings, my thrust washer was ok but every other main the bearings were spun and even were trying squeeze there way out of the crank champhers im blown away that motor had 4 hours on it the melling pump broke in camp and i watched the oil pressure drop and i shut it off so i know it wasnt caused by that not only that the oil doesnt smell burnt. :isbb:

throw motor #2 in the trash :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

thers a brand new 871 roots blower for sale now with electronic fuel injection and serpentine pully set up best of everything. and a set of merlin aluminum 202 heads for sale all for a small block chevy .

bob, are you talking about the motor that blew a while ago? or is this a new motor? if its a new one, i thought i told ya, all the new melling pumps are not meant to be used on high h.p. engines. they changed the casting design and now they are weak. go to another brand of pump. get a nice billet one or something like that. its a LOT cheaper in the long run. sorry buddy.

bob, are you talking about the motor that blew a while ago? or is this a new motor? if its a new one, i thought i told ya, all the new melling pumps are not meant to be used on high h.p. engines. they changed the casting design and now they are weak. go to another brand of pump. get a nice billet one or something like that. its a LOT cheaper in the long run. sorry buddy.

no dnc this the motor from presbo day the melling pump was the culprit . im just getting around to dealing with it i blew that bill mitchel 454 small block in 05 so this is motor #2.

i concede, im going to buy an ls1 7liter version i think im just not to trusting of new technoligy but they have proven more reliable than the last 2 small blocks ive had :barf::idiot::hello:

my buddy with the red ricochete is getting mad at me for going overboard with these overgrown temprametle motors.

i guess i lost sight of the duning aspect no more king of the hill just a nice 427 ill be slower but ill get much more dependability and duning fun :idiot:

f-ck i hate compramise why cant i have 900 hp dependable :flipoff:

Here's another expensive sound

BOOM!

lol don ya that was a 20,000.00 BOOM :bawl::idiot::barf:

at least MAYBE, POSSIBLY, AT LEAST IN THE RELM OF "KIND OF" ill be able to get back to the basics and have dependability and enjoy duning. and get to hang with you guys more :flipoff:

what i really need is 2 cars one for duning 1 for the hil lol :hello::idiot: