Dumont fees, read this

Actuially I DID contact the BLM and get the facts... :watching:

I got the same thing in an e-mail reply from her today. I contacted Lynnette about the new fees and asked a few questions.

Here is some more info in the e-mail...

Pete,

We do not have a list of retailers yet. We are setting up the contracts

and will have lists within a few weeks. For now, you can purchase the

passes through the Barstow BLM Office.

We do not have the passes on-line yet either.

We were waiting for final word about the RRAC to set the pass prices. They

have to advise us regarding the proposed fee increase. It now appears that

they will be unable to advise us until November. This means that we will

continue to sell the passes with last year's prices. We will ONLY sell

weekly passes. Annual passes will be available AFTER the RRAC privodes us

with advise. We will then allow a price off-set for the annual passes,

provided the purchaser can show proof of purchasing weekly passes. So if

one has proof of purchasing 2 weekly passes, for example, one would be

provided with a price reduction of $40 for the annual pass.

We are planning on selling passes onsite by CREDIT CARD during October,

until people understand about the off-site sales and we have enough

off-site sellers set up.

Many dunes users also know Don and Ellen, the volunteers that clean the

restrooms at the dunes. They have also expressed interest in selling the

passes as vendors. If they do decide to do that, then they are on-site

most of the time and could sell the passes.

I should have more information in a week or so.

Lynnette

Yes it sounds like pain, guys. BUT, lets just be patient and work with the BLM. They are getting this all handled soon enough. Is it really that big of a deal? I'm sure you will get your passes one way or another. :think:

Let's see this guy has 1 post and the first thing he does is come on here and make insinuations. I beieve we have kept everyone informed about the last TRT meeting and what the reasons for removing the vendor from selling the passes. The BLM even went to the state BLM director Mike Poole and tried to get special dispensation from the increase having to go through the RACC with no luck.

Yes this will be a bit of a pain but in the long run it will be easier on everyone and you will be getting more bang for your buck as the BLM will not be giving up as much in commission as we had to with the on site vendor.

I believe this will work itself out before Thanksgiving.

Thanks to the ASA for coming on over and stirring up the same old crap as usual. And you wonder why we don't want the ASA involved in Dumont. Might it be that we have a good relationship with Barstow BLM and would appreciate it if you would leave it alone instead of screwing it up like you have with Glamis BLM. :watching:

Thanks to the ASA for coming on over and stirring up the same old crap as usual. And you wonder why we don't want the ASA involved in Dumont.

You don't want the ASA involved in Dumont? WTF said the ASA wanted to be involved?? Jesuschristpalomino!!! The ASA is a supporter of FoDD!! Get over that sh*t.

Might it be that we have a good relationship with Barstow BLM and would appreciate it if you would leave it alone instead of screwing it up like you have with Glamis BLM. :blink:

Like you would know anything about that at all. You don't and you're wrong.

Yeah, it's my first post. SFW??? I've been reading this board a long time, just never posted.

Hey now, it might be a good time for someone to ask a moderator to lock this thread, or, even better!! Delete it. Seen that happen lately (although, not on this particular BBS).

Edited by Washroad

You don't want the ASA involved in Dumont? WTF said the ASA wanted to be involved?? Jesuschristpalomino!!! The ASA is a supporter of FoDD!! Get over that sh*t.

Like you would know anything about that at all. You don't and you're wrong.

Yeah, it's my first post. SFW??? I've been reading this board a long time, just never posted.

Hey now, it might be a good time for someone to ask a moderator to lock this thread, or, even better!! Delete it. Seen that happen lately (although, not on this particular BBS).

There is no reason to lock it down unless people keep stirring up the drama. We like to keep it light and drama free, but sometimes understand during the off season when folks are in need of their sand fix. :blink:

Did you start this thread just to :wedgie:?

Just to try and be constructive.....

There is a potential that I could go every weekend before they figure this out and could spend more than the cost of an annual pass. Are they going to refund me money in that case?

I don't post to cause sh*t.

I sometimes post when I've had several ounces of Jack (I do not have a breathalyzer attached to my computer).

I only posted in an attempt to inform.

As I said, you will need to contact the appropriate people to get the true lowdown on the fees. I have not done so yet.

And I posted it as I was under the impression that the new (imo) ridiculously high fees were going to be in place by a certain time (like now) and it appears that they are not. Jerry Seaver made the post on the ASA site. I just linked it. Jerry has incredible integrity and is a vast wealth of information.

I don't post to cause sh*t.

I sometimes post when I've had several ounces of Jack (I do not have a breathalyzer attached to my computer).

I only posted in an attempt to inform.

As I said, you will need to contact the appropriate people to get the true lowdown on the fees. I have not done so yet.

And I posted it as I was under the impression that the new (imo) ridiculously high fees were going to be in place by a certain time (like now) and it appears that they are not. Jerry Seaver made the post on the ASA site. I just linked it. Jerry has incredible integrity and is a vast wealth of information.

i went to the trt meeting to set the rates and with there funding cut it was necassary. and all members present agreed including the asa rep. the government getting things done quickly ?? not likely. while i am against the fencing issue i do believe the blm presented and justified itself to the public for an increase.

i went in there not representing anyone and they listend to my input . as well as a couple of other ddr members who were not representing anyone but the intrest of ourselves and fellow duners. from alot of input from ddr members and there worries. delay in implamentation is a pain but we really shouldnt villainise the blm. just my opinion :blink:

Edited by barefoot bob

One way or another, fee collecting has been one big pain in the butt since it began.

But this year the reason for the confusion is to the benefit of the duning community.

Barstow BLM could have done what other sand areas have done and retained the same fee collectors for another season even though there was question as to whether all of the money was going to the right place. That was the easiest thing for those other sand areas to go along with... and it would have been easier for Barstow too. But that would not have been good for Dumont.

Instead, Barstow BLM erred on the side of caution and removed a source of trouble even though it has caused them more work and expenses in doing so.

In the process that means that Dumont fees are not set in stone just yet and availability of the passes is fluctuating daily.

I'd rather have the confusion than allow money to be 'misplaced' another year.

Now... Barstow BLM will be right next to Friends of Dumont Dunes at the Sand Sports Super Show so if anyone has any questions, please come by and fire away.

VickiW

Edited by SailAway

Jerry Seaver made the post on the ASA site. I just linked it. Jerry has incredible integrity and is a vast wealth of information.

Of course, and especially since the words that Jerry posted came directly from Lynnette with the Barstow BLM via an email exchange.

I believe Lynnette is one of the people who will be available at the SSSS next week. I have always found her to be helpful, informative and responsive.

VickiW

Same goals, different tactics. ;)

Bramham is on the TRT representing "other off-road organizations." It has been very confusing in the past as he introduces himself as an ASA board member and is wearing the official ASA board member garb... but that could have just been force of habit.

I do not know which "other off-road organizations" he gives meeting reports to, if any.

At any rate, I believe the point that Bob was trying to make is that all representatives (and members of the general public) in attendance discussed the fee issue at length and concurred that an increase was legit, including the representative for "other off-road organizations."

The point I would like to make is that these meetings have always been open to the public and it sure would have been nice to hear the dissenting opinions at the time when the decisions were being made.

VickiW

Edited by SailAway

Jim is President of Cal4Wheel also. I'm not sure who else he represents.

I fully understand that all the TRT agreed to the fees. That doesn't mean that I (for one, and there are many others) can't believe they are ridiculously high. Will I pay them? Of course! I can afford them, hell, I can afford much higher fees. Doesn't mean I like them, agree with them or not think they're ridiculous and I don't really care who agrees to them.

The original intent of my starting this thread was to point people in the right direction regarding them. I thought the new fees were "in place" already and now find that I was incorrect. I'm sure others thought the same.