holly fuel injection

barneycar

motor is a 89 4.3 with a roller cam holly man msd ingition and distribitor. the injecion is a holle 950 the set up is a 650 cfm called holly and got some help but not much they are a$$holes told us to follow the book.

the book is a pice of chit and there soft wear is junk

f.a.s.t. xfi is probably the best system for that application. also there is pantera injection very user freindly software on the pantera system.

fyi if money is an issue call the boys at westech dyno and tune in mira loma ca they will set it up and get you going probably on a half day about 350 dollars hope it helps.

Edited by barefoot bob

got back from west tec as Bob said the boy at west tec are the best got there at 8am yesterday and spent the day watching all the happings place is just cool. Motors all over the place mostly big a$$ motors.

did not see the chasis dyno when we walked in as there was a bad a$$ shelby GT350 on it it was black and beautiful I drulled all over it and was told I would have to clean it if I did not stop.So I did stop drulling on it and moved to the 69 charger in frount of it that was in show room condtion. and then are tuner started the Shelby and it was all over got wood over it as he backed it out of the shop and the charger just bad A$$ as cold blooed as it was Still managed to spin the tires leaving the shop.Ok enough of that.

Dave's little 4.3 made good numbers for what it is car weighs 1500 pounds motor made 220 pounds of tork and 153 rwh not bad for a two seat car. we made about 30 pull on the dyno all day the car tops out at 91 mph in third and 110 in fourth at 5200 rpms :ninja::lol:

P.S I now :banghead:

• 4 weeks later...

If you have any further questions got to Stealthram.com, or Chevytalk.com (EFI section...waay at the bottom) they have guys that know the Commander 950 systems inside & out. In several months I'll be firing up my new engine, SBC with Holley Stealth Ram. The Holley systems are know for being difficult, but they are totally programable, which can take awhile to get it right. You have to be patient, the laptop is your friend, but once you get it set up...it'd all good. The Holley Stealth Ram, commander 950's are very popular with the camaro/firebird crowd, they get hugh gains compared to the stock LT1 intake/computer.

hey !! you never showed up to buy me that drink !!!!

ridgecrest is a small town do you know a school teacher by the name of rhonda hill ??

i ask cause she is my cousin she has lived there near most of her life :laughing:

Edited by barefoot bob

hey !! you never showed up to buy me that drink !!!!

ridgecrest is a small town do you know a school teacher by the name of rhonda hill ??

i ask cause she is my cousin she has lived there near most of her life :laughing:

Bob I was on my way to the meet and greet when I broke the spiders at comp saterday at 1:15 and did not

get there witch made the wife mad that we had nothing else to ride so now we are looking for a golf cart or somthing like that.

Rhonda Hill rings a bell with us.

I would not buy a holly 950 again nor would I say they are good.The guys at westec did all they could do to it and the nozles are to small for the 4.3 that we have and it was the one that was recamended buy the tces at holly so if we do anything more to it we have to steep up the nozels. the car ran the best it has ever run.

It cost Dave 45,000 for the halloween weekend.

1. $600 dyno

2. $450 new paddles

3. $3200 new trans

4. one new Dodge Truck