Where to ride W/O paddles

HappyHour

I've got some friends going out with me for the first time. They don't have paddles and I told them not to buy any until they decided if they like Dumont or not. The thing is, I don't know where people can ride out there without paddles, I just have no idea where that is. I know up the canyon, and the sperry wash trail, but that's all I do know. Is there anywhere else?? Can they get from Big D to Little D without paddles??

Just wondering and any info is greatly appreciated..................... :bump::thumb::duniemonkie: :fro_smokin:

Edited by HappyHour

A couple of dirt bikes with some very avg. riders who don't have a lot of experience and have never been around sand.

:bump:

be very careful with that....many dirt bikers that i know that have never been to the sand HATED it the first time, due to the shear physicality of riding 2 wheels in the sand. are you going to be there with them?

i had a yz 250 i lowered my air pressure and beebopped all over the dunes my bike would get hot so i could only due short runs and let it cool but i climbed comp and had a good time. when i was a teenager and i couldnt afford a paddle we would buy a knobby as large as the bike would gold and cur off every other row and we ran around pismo like that. this was back when pismo was open .

Well if they do come out with me it will more than likely be only for about a day and a half. I told them there is plenty of areas to ride w/o paddles. It's just to check the place out to see if they like it or not. They are used to places like California City. So I'm thinking if they stay on the hard pack stuff, they should be OK.

Thanks for the feedback guys......................... :bump:

I made it around all weekend with just a knobbie.. .First time in 4 years i have had a knobbie in the sand... wasnt that bad.. the a$$ end just slid around a little more... When i first learned how to ride in the sand i went almost 2 seasons before i got a paddle. They will be fine. 8psi front and rear and hammer it and have fun :D