race radios

barefoot bob

can you go buggy to any buggy while playing ipods and talking in the car

is 2500 installed a good price??

they want to charge me 1800.00 for the radio

for example can i go on a run with terry be able to talk to him and say i went with some one else can i tune in to there frequency and talk to them ??

can i just butt in on other folks ?? :beer_bang:

Edited by barefoot bob

yes you can talk car to car with you ipod playing but when you push the button to talk to your friends car only one person can talk. on my radio there is 17 different channels race 1, race 2, bfg pit , weatherman, and other baja channels but they are all free at the dunes. and all you have to do is push the button and switch the channel your friend is on then you can talk to him.

Bob-

Aslong as you know what frequency the other car is on you will be good to go. The people in your car can hear what eachother is saying but if you hit the push to talk button then everyone can hear what you have to say.

I think the price is a bit steep. shop around and hit an off-road show for a special like I did and saved $100.00.

Most systems are IPOD/XM ready which is a huge plus if you ride alone and want something to pump you up.

And yes you can butt in on other folks. it is not a private radio system although some people get butthurt if you use it while they are on it too. :beer_bang:

On my system either the driver or co-driver and talk because we both have the pust to talk button. the people in the back can only talk in car.

Edited by bp-guy

Bob-

Aslong as you know what frequency the other car is on you will be good to go. The people in your car can hear what eachother is saying but if you hit the push to talk button then everyone can hear what you have to say.

I think the price is a bit steep. shop around and hit an off-road show for a special like I did and saved $100.00.

Most systems are IPOD/XM ready which is a huge plus if you ride alone and want something to pump you up.

And yes you can butt in on other folks. it is not a private radio system although some people get butthurt if you use it while they are on it too. :laughoff:

On my system either the driver or co-driver and talk because we both have the pust to talk button. the people in the back can only talk in car.

:beer_bang: :beer_bang: ooooo but thats the best part :laughoff:

lol tim you got me all hyped up on these things im looking into it....................................

according to my biulder though he would want to add a drop down dash to the center console to install it

im not keen on that because i move my big a$$ foot to the center when im jumping to avoid landing throttle stomps :laughing: and with my curved dash im gonna have to do some figuring :laughing:

Edited by barefoot bob

:beer_bang: :beer_bang: ooooo but thats the best part :laughoff:

lol tim you got me all hyped up on these things im looking into it....................................

according to my biulder though he would want to add a drop down dash to the center console to install it

im not keen on that because i move my big a$$ foot to the center when im jumping to avoid landing throttle stomps :laughing: and with my curved dash im gonna have to do some figuring :laughing:

you can mount the main unit behind your turning brakes. but the radio will need a place as well.

I will go take a pic of my dash and show you.

ok, under my LOWRANCE GPS is the unit for the headsets. (Volume and Squelch) then on the upper right is the race radio. The radio does not need to be on for the intercom or music to work.

post-1872-1191977191_thumb.jpg

Edited by bp-guy

• 3 weeks later...

i purchased my intercom ( 4 way ) and avcom race radio from jhon at mobil communication in bakersfield for 2100 $, one of the best guys you can deal with. it comes ipod ready you just need the cable 12 $ farmdog. if my whole system was 2100 im sure your race radio would be cheaper than 1800 if you want the number let me know.

Edited by farmdog