Ever Ride The River Trail At Dumont?

iweb

We are thinking of riding the Amargosa River quad trail at Dumont. Anyone been there, is it well marked, and any online maps showing the trail?

That's called the Sperry Wash Trail. I must admit that I have not been on that trail as I do not take knobby tires with me to the dunes. That being said I know the jeep club and other volunteers put up markers a couple of years ago. I believe you can follow it all the way back to Tecopa. I do not know of a online map but you can try the Ca. Blm office web site. I found this info on it. Note it says the area is a nature area with no vehicles allowed. However the last map shows the Sperry Wash Trail to be useable to OHV.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/barstow/amargosa.html

Good luck

Edited by ynot

Cool pics and thanks for the info. We are thinking of taking the Sportsman 700 with a trailer and the KFX 700 with knobbies to the clean up and then trying out this trail. Looks like fun.

Cool pics and thanks for the info. We are thinking of taking the Sportsman 700 with a trailer and the KFX 700 with knobbies to the clean up and then trying out this trail. Looks like fun.

We'll be making the trail ride for the first time during the clean up weekend too. We're heading up Thursday night, doing the trail ride on Friday and the clean up on Saturday.

• 1 month later...