Race at Banshee Hill- Dec 8th

dunefreak

I read about this on a couple other sites and thought I'd spread the word to anyone who might be interested.

Four Stroke Association is proud to announce the first official hill race of the 2008 season "Rumble to the Summit" at Dumont Dunes December 8, 2007. Races will start a 10:00am. Race site is banshee hill.

For more information on classes, rules and registration please visit Planet Sand under Four Stroke Association.

Registration is required and there is a 50.00 entrance fee for featured classes, 25.00 for each additional class entered. Exhibition classes are 25.00 each

These are the featured classes.

650 and under - 650 and above

Stock bore/stroke class - OEM frame, approved gas

Builders Class - OEM frame, VP 112 supplied by FSA

Modified Class - OEM frame, approved gas or alcohol

Power Adders Class - OEM frame, nitro methane, NO2, turbo

For additional exhibition classes please visit Planet Sand

more info link (must be a registered Planet Sand member to view it though)

4 stroke wars was what the big glamis controversy was over this past summer... so its not just the banshee's either... I just hope they learned from glamis and will respect dumont and pick up after themselves.

4 stroke wars was what the big glamis controversy was over this past summer... so its not just the banshee's either... I just hope they learned from glamis and will respect dumont and pick up after themselves.

You can't put it all on Planet Sand. You have to remember that you can't control who comes out the same weekend to spectate. Yes, maybe they should have picked up more after their event, but Planet Sand gave a public appology regardless and organized a cleanup event from what I heard.

the same thing goes for DDR... the blame is going to get put on who was the most to run their mouth about the event... look at the night drags we did a while back.. if something bad had come of that who would have gotten the blame.. DDR.. it sucks the way things are portrayed but unfortunatley thats the lovely life behind a keyboard...

I just hope they dont ruin it and we have to have a early cleanup because of them.

No disrespect ISBB but you are wrong. the 4 Stroke race is held on MArtin Luther King's B-day and was not the controversy this year that led to all that BS and has not happend in 2 years. The new series 4SCS was created to expand the race to more hills in the u.s. It was the night drags that are held and usually put on by the Glamis locals that happends every summer in which alll that trash was left. And are more aimed to the 2-stroke guys in that race.

Anything associated with the 4-stroke races especially the ones Tom is putting on all have trash cans, people who will clean up the hill after the race and during. We are will aware of the mess left at Glamis and make sure we maintain a good appearence to the BLM and others concerned.

this race series has done well and will feature the fastest 4-strokes from state to state here for HIll Shooting..

True dat. The 4SCS did not race at Glamis last (this) year due to the permit not being acquired in time. They will be back this season though, I believe the weekend before MLK.

Having attended several 4SW/4SCS races I can attest to the fact that they are run well, organized, and provide for folks not to trash the area. This past seasons race at Banshee hill probably produced the least amount of trash that I have ever seen with a large gathering. And alot of DDR peeps and a bunch of the DS community folks snagged what the wind caught before anyone made a fuss.

Good times and good racin'. See ya'll there.

• 3 weeks later...

No disrespect ISBB but you are wrong. the 4 Stroke race is held on MArtin Luther King's B-day and was not the controversy this year that led to all that BS and has not happend in 2 years. The new series 4SCS was created to expand the race to more hills in the u.s. It was the night drags that are held and usually put on by the Glamis locals that happends every summer in which alll that trash was left. And are more aimed to the 2-stroke guys in that race.

Anything associated with the 4-stroke races especially the ones Tom is putting on all have trash cans, people who will clean up the hill after the race and during. We are will aware of the mess left at Glamis and make sure we maintain a good appearence to the BLM and others concerned.

this race series has done well and will feature the fastest 4-strokes from state to state here for HIll Shooting..

there was some event @ glamis back in august i believe, that was a thread on planet sand. some of the glamisdunes.com fellas went out the next day and took pics of the huge mess left bythe group that was out there with tree lights and whatnot...

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....=114521&hl=

from what I gather, its happened in the past too.

I just hope they don't trash the D.....

there was some event @ glamis back in august i believe, that was a thread on planet sand. some of the glamisdunes.com fellas went out the next day and took pics of the huge mess left bythe group that was out there with tree lights and whatnot...

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....=114521&hl=

from what I gather, its happened in the past too.

I just hope they don't trash the D.....

:chug: :banghead::laughoff::laughoff::unsure: :chug:

YOU GUY'S ARE LIKE THE OLD WIVES CLUB ON THAT SITE, ONLY KNOWING HALF THE STORY BUT BLAME ALL..

AS SAID BEFORE THERE IS TRASH CAN'S AND A PICK UP DURING AND AFTER THE RACE SO DONT YOU GET ALLL WOUND UP CHEESE..

I PERSONALLY WILL GO PICK UP THE TRASH SUNDAY TO PRESERVE THE D...... :chug:

Edited by 1BADYFZ

for what it is worth for EVERYBODY.....i just posted that link as INFORMATION

im not all bent outta shape that planetsand is organizing some races @ the D

if i was, then I would have said so. I don't dance around issues, or hide my feelings.... i come right out and say whats on my fugin mind

2500 posts = by now you guys should know this.

i didn't mean to make anyone think i was callin anyone out, or pointing fingers. I just wanted to make everyone aware of what has happened in the past with SOME planetsand members (and POSSIBLY SOME non planetsand members )

can I do anything RIGHT today?

:chug:

for what it is worth for EVERYBODY.....i just posted that link as INFORMATION

im not all bent outta shape that planetsand is organizing some races @ the D

if i was, then I would have said so. I don't dance around issues, or hide my feelings.... i come right out and say whats on my fugin mind

2500 posts = by now you guys should know this.

i didn't mean to make anyone think i was callin anyone out, or pointing fingers. I just wanted to make everyone aware of what has happened in the past with SOME planetsand members (and POSSIBLY SOME non planetsand members )

can I do anything RIGHT today?

:banghead:

NOPE! :wedgie: :laughoff::laughoff::flipoff: