Good Truck Shop?

daknuckler

Ok I have question, I have a broken swaybar drop bar ( if you will ??) :thumb: it s the bar that mounts to the frame then mounts to the swaybar. I have read alot obout The Custom Shop :laughoff: on this site and it apears that they do good work? does anyone know if I should go there for a truck or is there another place recommended? Its hard to find a place that doesn't try to screw you. :monkeedance2: I have been to 4 wheel parts :beercheers: but they dont impress me. any input would help.

thanks

:finger:

Ok I have question, I have a broken swaybar drop bar ( if you will ??) :thumb: it s the bar that mounts to the frame then mounts to the swaybar. I have read alot obout The Custom Shop :finger: on this site and it apears that they do good work? does anyone know if I should go there for a truck or is there another place recommended? Its hard to find a place that doesn't try to screw you. :laughoff: I have been to 4 wheel parts :beercheers: but they dont impress me. any input would help.

thanks

:thumb:

all I can tell you,, they do it right and get the job done i have never heard other wise and if theres a problem they fix it!!! cant say much about the other shop!! just look at there rides and that will tell you !!!!just my 3 cents!!! :monkeedance2: my rating on the c/s 10

Edited by rhino king

The Custom Shop is the place to go for anything truck related if you ask me.The first time I went in there was years ago when I went with my car club buddies back in high school.When it comes to pricing and the quality of work there is nobody better than them.I've tried to find lower pricing but if you figure parts and labor into the equation I would trust them because they know what they are doing.Nothing is worse than buying something and ending up like this- :thumb: :monkeedance2: :beercheers: because you don't have the right tools or knowledge to do it.Especially when it concerns lengthy stuff like suspension-I can't stand to do that stuff.

Ok I have question, I have a broken swaybar drop bar ( if you will ??) :headbang: it s the bar that mounts to the frame then mounts to the swaybar. I have read alot obout The Custom Shop :woo_hoo: on this site and it apears that they do good work? does anyone know if I should go there for a truck or is there another place recommended? Its hard to find a place that doesn't try to screw you. :rockon: I have been to 4 wheel parts :rockwoot: but they dont impress me. any input would help.

thanks

:unsure:

What part is it exactly, Mike? Can you post a pic up? The sway bar drop bar? hmmm, trying to think what part you mean but I don't rememebr what kind of truck you have either. Let me know. :headbang:

Ok I have question, I have a broken swaybar drop bar ( if you will ??) :headbang: it s the bar that mounts to the frame then mounts to the swaybar. I have read alot obout The Custom Shop :rockon: on this site and it apears that they do good work? does anyone know if I should go there for a truck or is there another place recommended? Its hard to find a place that doesn't try to screw you. :headbang: I have been to 4 wheel parts :rockwoot: but they dont impress me. any input would help.

thanks

:woo_hoo:

It sounds like you broke a sway bar end link(very common). We usually have those lying around and can fix it quickly. Give us a shout! 702-436-6777 and ask for Travis (tell who ever answers the phone you are a friend from DDR and they will put you through!)

(tell who ever answers the phone you are a friend from DDR and they will put you through!)

They give out your cellphone number that way too...

Hi is travis there...

Nope can i help you...

Nope got his cell phone...

Nope...

This is ISBB from DDR...

OHHH One sec.. His number is ###-####...

:D

They give out your cellphone number that way too...

Hi is travis there...

Nope can i help you...

Nope got his cell phone...

Nope...

This is ISBB from DDR...

OHHH One sec.. His number is ###-####...

:D

Damn! Look at the pull the DDR member thing brings! :rockwoot: You wouldn't believe the amount of solicitation we get here Nick! So it is by far best to introduce yourself up front so we can differentiate from the BS!

Damn! Look at the pull the DDR member thing brings! :rockwoot: You wouldn't believe the amount of solicitation we get here Nick! So it is by far best to introduce yourself up front so we can differentiate from the BS!

Trav you should become a DDR sticker dealer. :headbang: Custom Shop & DDR workin together helpin each other out. :headbang:

That would be cool... have some stickers floatin around the front counter that people could pick up while they are there... :D

yeah pick up as in BUY! :laughing: These things are getting expensive even WITH the hook up w/ Jesse @ J&J Vinyl! :shocked: Just wait till the shirt order goes in too. :shocked2: $$$$

yeah pick up as in BUY! :laughing: These things are getting expensive even WITH the hook up w/ Jesse @ J&J Vinyl! :shocked: Just wait till the shirt order goes in too. :shocked2: $$$$

We can figure something out Pete!

Please note: This is just an expeience I'm having. I'm not bad mouthing anyone involved, i still do/plan to keep using this shop. The situation is being dealt with in the appropriate manner. Please don't use this thread to try and resolve it. Or talk crapp.

Custom Shop seems cool, I buy from them for my shop. However the alignment guy doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

I lifted my truck at my shop, pulled left afterwards, no big deal. Paid them $102 to align it because I don't have access to an alignment rack anymore. He spent 1.5hrs messing with it and I got it back worse than I brought it in pulling hard left now, his explaination was he couldn't get a control arm to move it was binding up.

So I mark his adjustments, go to pull it apart and realize he's adjusting my caster in the opposite direction it needs to go. No big deal everybody has a bad day. So I adjust it by sight, now it only drifted left.

Call up Carlo tell him why/what the problem was and have my mom take it down there cuz I don't have time. She sits there another 1.5hrs then the alignment guy tells her there's something majorly wrong with my truck but he doesn't know what it is. He can't get it aligned. When she brings it back to me, he maxed out the caster the wrong direction again!! Put it right back where he did the first time.

So, i just did it my self on the floor with a level and tape measure. Thing drives perfectly straight now!!!!

Edited by PiercedBoy