Help me

dumontdude10

:grin: Ok on my 450r i just bought it like may and it ran bad when we got it but the guys at the deler ship said thats how they run at first but i just started it and the header is glowing orange and the bike is keap on poping and i dont know if thats how they are or if thats not whatt there supose to do and if i need to fix it can any boy tell me if its supose to do this or what and how do i fix it? :offtopic::offtopic:

1.What is it?TRX,LTR,KFX,KTM?

2.What are your mods?Stock?Piped?Intake?550 stroker?????

3.What is your jetting at right now?

4.Is it brand new off the showroom floor?

In order to help you need to include alot more information.If i translated that correctly it sounds like your header is glowing and its popping and backfiring.Another thing is it shouldnt run crappy because its new.It may be down on power if its bone stock.Anyway find out what your main jet,pilot jet and what number clip you are on on the needle and start there.You also need to see where your air screw is at.If its fuel injected then i dont know what the hell you need to do,lol.Im still riding old slow technology. :grin: A little FYI,almost all 4 stroke headers glow in the dark even with the jetting right.Now if you can see it glowing red in the daytime then you have some issues.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

1.What is it?TRX,LTR,KFX,KTM?

2.What are your mods?Stock?Piped?Intake?550 stroker?????

3.What is your jetting at right now?

4.Is it brand new off the showroom floor?

In order to help you need to include alot more information.If i translated that correctly it sounds like your header is glowing and its popping and backfiring.Another thing is it shouldnt run crappy because its new.It may be down on power if its bone stock.Anyway find out what your main jet,pilot jet and what number clip you are on on the needle and start there.You also need to see where your air screw is at.If its fuel injected then i dont know what the hell you need to do,lol.Im still riding old slow technology. :beer_bang: A little FYI,almost all 4 stroke headers glow in the dark even with the jetting right.Now if you can see it glowing red in the daytime then you have some issues.

1.its a trx 450r

2.stock

3.stock jetting

4.it brand new off the showroom floor

1.its a trx 450r

2.stock

3.stock jetting

4.it brand new off the showroom floor

Ok,find out what your stock jetting is.What number the main is and what number the pilot is.That is a start.From there go to you nearest dealership and buy yourself some jets.Whatever your main is try going up a couple sizes,and one size on the pilot and see what happens.If your main is like say a 155 go up to a 160 or 165.If your pilot is a 40 go to a 42.Just see how it reacts.Another thing you could do if you want to let it breathe more is take off the airbox lid and pull the plug out of the silencer end.That will let your motor breathe alot more but will also require more jetting.If i were you i would go over to TRX450R.ORG or ATVTECH.net and ask around over there.Im not a Honda owner so i cant tell you exactly where your jetting should be at.If you had a YFZ we would be done talking already,lol.Good Luck!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dont listen to these guys,start wrenching :DDRrocks: First thing to learn about is the jetting,lmao!!JK you probably should take it back there and see what they say about it.I remember wayyyyyyy back when mine was bone stock off the showroom floor,it was jetted way lean too and that was the only time i ever saw my temp light come on.

:DDRrocks: Ok on my 450r i just bought it like may and it ran bad when we got it but the guys at the deler ship said thats how they run at first but i just started it and the header is glowing orange and the bike is keap on poping and i dont know if thats how they are or if thats not whatt there supose to do and if i need to fix it can any boy tell me if its supose to do this or what and how do i fix it? :rockon::pissed:

Are you sure that sure your not running your bike with the choke on. My kid's do that all the time, the bike's will pop and the header look's fire red.I could just kick there :booty:

a red header is normal.

sounds a little lean,

is this popping sound a backfire under decelaration? full throttle? all gears or is this in neutral while its parked?

bump up your main jet a few sizes, its easy and fast to do. you dont have to take the carb off.

backfiring can also be caused by an exaust leak, my bike was backfiring and found out its because i had a missing header bolt.PismoBeach090.jpg

thank u, and i will give it more gas and i will clean the carb.

if any body esle might think differant than tell.

Hey brother,

You live on the west side of town? You can email me back and let me know. I have every jet known to man for your bike, if you can't figure it out you can bring it by and I will fix it for you.

Chef Wally