RacerX Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 Any guru's on board that could give me some advice on how to set up a dish? Stake it to the ground, make a concrete base? What does it take to find the satellite? Too much good football on this weekend to leave it home. I'd gladly give away my 6 pak of Bud Light to any Dumont installers!!!!Thanks....... :beer_bang: Quote
dunefreak Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 Here's my advice: bring it over to our camp, Ted. :beer_bang: We are gonna have the 12' TV projector on the side of a trailer. We're hoping to have a dish for the fight sat night and then for the truck backflip attempt on New Years eve. Quote
RacerX Posted December 28, 2007 Author Posted December 28, 2007 I don't know if mine will work for that. Those are both PPV events aren't they? I would need a phone line to receive the signal from NORAD to view????? :beer_bang: Quote
dunefreak Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 Not sure about the fight, but the truck flip is on ESPN. You should be able to get that no prob. :beer_bang: Quote
RacerX Posted December 28, 2007 Author Posted December 28, 2007 Thanks Pete. I just wanted to see the Patriots game Saturday evening, then some football on Sunday. I'll see you at the SP on Saturday. If you don't have anything lined up for the backflip, your welcome to it..... :beer_bang: Quote
dunefreak Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 Awesome, thanks! It would be nice to see it and also have a countdown on NYears eve. :beer_bang: You da man, Ted. Thanks! Now back to your original question. Last time we set up rhino kings we got really lucky. We just set the dish/ tripod in the sand and pointed it the approx direction and called in to PPV and walla. I guess we got lucky though and didn't have to mess with it much. Quote
timothyleavitt Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 If you have an Online Account with Dish Network, you can go Online and Pre-Pay for the Pay Per View Event. Then on Saturday Night, it will automatically come on without a phone line. You can go online with your Account Number and set it up. It's easy. Or call your 800 number and they will walk you through the process. Also, you can go to Radio Shack or most Electronic Stores and get a Device that Hooks Up to your Satellite and Reciever. As you move your Dish Around, it has a meter that tells you when you found the Satellite Signal. Most of the Satellite Stores will actually let you bring your Tri-Pod to their store and show you how to dial in the Dish. Of course, I do not live in Las Vegas, but we have a local satellite company on Frontage Road who helped me out and did not charge me anything. Quote
beau Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 Not sure about the fight, but the truck flip is on ESPN. You should be able to get that no prob. :beer_bang: I'm not sure if the truck backflip is gonna happen Pete. The driver that was going to do it was testing into cardboard boxes and after a few he ended up breaking his back. Hopefully they find a replacement. Experiment Clicky Quote
dunefreak Posted January 3, 2008 Posted January 3, 2008 I'm not sure if the truck backflip is gonna happen Pete. The driver that was going to do it was testing into cardboard boxes and after a few he ended up breaking his back. Hopefully they find a replacement. Experiment Clicky Yeah I figured that out pretty quick after that post. I started a topic in gen chat about it and I quickly learned that it wasn't gonna happen. Oh well. It was still lots of fun with the dish. Thanks again Ted (RacerX) for letting us use it for the UFC fight and for a New Years Eve countdown! I found out I can find satelite signal by simply looking up at the sky! I just plopped the dish down and we turned it on and it worked! Ted simply called in the fight before we set it up and all we had to do was select the fight w/ the remote. Quote
Randog Posted January 4, 2008 Posted January 4, 2008 This may help, So check it: Tri-pod, Schmi-pod. :freakin_nuts: I just mounted a piece of 3/4 ply to the mount bracket. Bring out a bucket of sand from home and pour it on the base. It won't move even in big winds. And if you're not as good as dunefreak. How does he do it? you may want to buy these: The little compass works great to get the dish in the general area. Dish Network is at about 160 degrees. Direct is about 145 degrees. The satellite finder with a slide connector. I use those connectors in the desert. Quote
RacerX Posted January 7, 2008 Author Posted January 7, 2008 That looks like a simple set up Randy, Thanks. If I can't get Dishfreak to set it up anymore, I'll invest in the tools. :porn: Quote
Randog Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 That looks like a simple set up Randy, Thanks. If I can't get Dishfreak to set it up anymore, I'll invest in the tools. :porn: Quote
dunefreak Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 That looks like a simple set up Randy, Thanks. If I can't get Dishfreak to set it up anymore, I'll invest in the tools. Anytime, Ted. Just call me over to your camp and I'll point that badboy in the sand where it needs to be. :porn: Quote
THE BIG E Posted March 5, 2008 Posted March 5, 2008 Just come to my camp and i will set it up for you Quote
1BADYFZ Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 to get this to work you would have to get the dish or an extra one and have the service already set up at your home right? then just bring it with you to the dunes? Kepp the wifee and kids busy for more ride time... :eatdrink021: Quote
CaptNkllm Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 to get this to work you would have to get the dish or an extra one and have the service already set up at your home right? then just bring it with you to the dunes? Kepp the wifee and kids busy for more ride time... :eatdrink021: Yep!! works great for the kiddies Capt Quote
barefoot bob Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 its easier to buy the dome you press the on and sat button and in 60 seconds you have tv !! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.