Is it too soon to start talking about the CLEANUP?

SailAway

Copies made. Will distribute ASAP. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughoff:

We made a bunch of copies, too. Is this year a free weekend again?? I thought the flyer should mention that there is no entrance fee for that weekend. Sent some out with the kiddos already and gonna take some to work, but really wanted to make sure about the no-charge detail first.

We made a bunch of copies, too. Is this year a free weekend again?? I thought the flyer should mention that there is no entrance fee for that weekend. Sent some out with the kiddos already and gonna take some to work, but really wanted to make sure about the no-charge detail first.

WTF i paid last year :laughing: :north_pole:

:dope: I received an e-mail today from the BLM asking me to post up that the cleanup weekend IS in fact a FREE weekend. :laughing:

I have added to to the banner as per Lynnette's request at the Barstow BLM. :D I hope that was ok with you, Vicki. :D

cleanup-650.jpg

Here is also an updated PDF file I update as well---> click

This year it's going really slow getting sponsorship money from people. Product donations, no problem. But major sponsors are slow to spend their dollars this year.

Seems the consumer crunch has trickled down to a vendor crunch. ;)

BUT... don't be alarmed... I'm encouraged by the movement in the last week and actually I haven't been concerned even before that. Just surprised at the pace, although when I look at past year movement, we're right on track. I think people are being frugal (sounds so much better than stingy) but when it comes right down to it (and I start emphasizing the deadline), they're willing to pony up.

None of the donations and/or sponsors really start heating up until much closer to the cleanup so give it a little time and you'll see lots of action. :laughing:

Vicki

Hey

Try Carter Powersports for sponsorship.. I know the owner and her Fully Supports Dumont Riders!!! Ask for Craig...

mrsjonezee (Jimi)

Hey

Try Carter Powersports for sponsorship.. I know the owner and her Fully Supports Dumont Riders!!! Ask for Craig...

mrsjonezee (Jimi)

Craig has already agreed to donate again and I just have to get someone over to pick it up. He has always been a constant supporter every year

not to ask a stupid question but other then the garbage bags what else should one bring to help out? tools,supplies etc. :moonwalk:

Nothing else other than some energy and the desire to have a good time. :headbang1::D

Make sure you bring plenty of water. If this year is anything like last year, it will be WARM.

:banghead: I received an e-mail today from the BLM asking me to post up that the cleanup weekend IS in fact a FREE weekend. :beerpint:

I have added to to the banner as per Lynnette's request at the Barstow BLM. :D I hope that was ok with you, Vicki. :D

Here is also an updated PDF file I update as well---> click

COOL!! :idiot: Now all I have to do is toss the other 30 copies and print out the new ones! :whacky101:

not to ask a stupid question but other then the garbage bags what else should one bring to help out? tools,supplies etc. :moonwalk:

The trash bags are normally supplied by F.O.D.D., it just so happened that they were late arriving at the dunes last year....unlike the folks that were eager to sign up and get going really early post-1889-1203664095_thumb.gif so I donated the box of trash bags I had in my hauler. (They didn't last long :D )

COOL!! :banghead: Now all I have to do is toss the other 30 copies and print out the new ones! :whacky101:

Sorry, I updated them as soon as I got the e-mail, Kelly.

I wouldn't toss the old ones. The only difference is that it states that it is a free weekend. If that is the only reason they would come out, then I doubt they'd pickup trash anyhow. :D:beerpint:

I hope it's not too soon to start talking this up. We've been working on sponsors and details for the cleanup and it's getting pretty exciting and I realized that we haven't even posted this year's flyer yet and then I looked at the calendar and realized that we only just now on the verge of February.

Phew!

Okay, everyone mark their calendars for this year's cleanup and remind your camping group how much fun you've had at the previous cleanups and let's get our participation numbers WAY UP.

I'll attach a copy of the flyer here so people can start printing it out for their own camp groups but also it would be dandy if a few people could volunteer to take them to their local off-road shops for their sales counters and windows.

Wooooo hooooo it's only 45 days to go! :whacky101:

Vicki

:thumb:

Sorry, I updated them as soon as I got the e-mail, Kelly.

I wouldn't toss the old ones. The only difference is that it states that it is a free weekend. If that is the only reason they would come out, then I doubt they'd pickup trash anyhow. :D:banghead:

No biggy, Dave probably printed them up as soon as you posted the flyer. I just hand wrote it on a few for the kids to give to their friends.

Just hopin' for a good turn out and if advertising there is no admission fee that weekend, it could get a few folks there that otherwise may not of come out ....the fee INcrease this season ya know! :flipoff: (I know some cheap azzes)