nasty weather driving home from dumont 2/3/08

Richard Cheese

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

nasty weather vid

everything was cool until we hit the valley that Barstow is in...

it was :DDRrocks: 60 mph headwinds. I could only go 35-40 mph @ full throttle due to the wind. my tranny and engine temps skyrocketed. we stopped at the flying J in Barstow to gas /dump. there were so many truckers hanging out there. the lounge where the TV was was standing room only due to the weather. We finally made it to the Tehachapi grade, and then we get hammered with snow and Ice!!!

unfortunately, my cousins are still in Dumont. I got a call on the way home. they told me they couldnt see 10 ft in front of them. the wind was blowing so hard, that is was blowing the sides of their trailer outside, and they could see their cabinets warping inside. i hope i hear from them today :(

nasty weather vid

it was :DDRrocks: 60 mph headwinds. I could only go 35-40 mph @ full throttle due to the wind. my tranny and engine temps skyrocketed. we stopped at the flying J in Barstow to gas /dump. there were so many truckers hanging out there. the lounge where the TV was was standing room only due to the weather. We finally made it to the Tehachapi grade, and then we get hammered with snow and Ice!!!

unfortunately, my cousins are still in Dumont. I got a call on the way home. they told me they couldnt see 10 ft in front of them. the wind was blowing so hard, that is was blowing the sides of their trailer outside, and they could see their cabinets warping inside. i hope i hear from them today :(

That stinks RC, glad you finally got home ok. Weather was aweful here all day yeterday too.

nasty weather vid

Are you cousins still there?

Did it rain while you were there

was the wind as gnarley in Dumont as it was Barstow?

Sorry for all the questions.. Im going up there this morning for a couple of days

Glamis looks like it has a little bit less wind.. but I would rather go to Dumont..

any info would be great

thanks

Mark

Me and Capt left around 12pm yesterday it was pretty bad and his brother said it was suppose to get worse thats why we left at noon. We were fighting the wind the whole way home. Check the weather before you leave.

Edited by Dunelover

It was BAD here yesterday, ripped the roof off our little PX and knocked down a bunch of trees. Finally started easing up some about 6pm, never got any rain in Barstow though. I would not have wanted to be towing yesterday...SF Woody :DDRrocks:

i didnt rain when i was there....i havent heard from my cousins yet either :(

Im sure they are ok.. but if there is anyone out there...I'll find them.. the more the marrier...

I'll bring them some more gas and food so they can stay for the rest of the week..LOL :D

Old news, but we took some pic' s of the winds at Dumont that Monday after Superbowl, it was nasty to say the least. No matter what you did, the sand just came into the TH. I've got a mini weather mount on my rig and it was showing 60 plus and at one point it went over 70 for gusts.....

post-3623-1202763067_thumb.jpg

post-3623-1202763117_thumb.jpg