Tongue Locks

dunefreak

I have the style lock that has a ball that fits into the ball coupler then has a piece that slides over the lip of the tongue that locks, but that one won't fit on my new toyhualer. The tongue lip is larger on this trailer.

I bought one of these... post-3-1143571996_thumb.jpg

but that one didn't fit either. :laughoff:

So what I am looking for is one of these... post-3-1143571879_thumb.jpg

Steveo, isn't that the style lock you have? Where did you get yours? Carson Trailer on Boulder Hwy?

I am curious how the rest of you lock up your trailers (as far as the hitch/ coupler goes)

Do you have the one made for the 2 5/16 ball or the smaller one for the 1-7/8" & 2". That could be the difference.

That makes no difference in this case. I do hva ethe one for up to 2 5/16" but the lock is too small to reach around the lip of the tongue.

Here is where it is too small...

post-3-1143575355_thumb.jpg

This one fit on my other toyhualer w/ a 2 5/16" ball coupler, but not on the new monster. :huh:

Pete I saw those at camp out right up the street from me. Do u want me to go pick one up after I take my nap? I'm a little sleepy right now!!!

Yeah cool! Thanks, Craig. Do you know what they run ??$$?? I'll give you the cash this weekend. :huh:

pete just take a 2 5/16' ball and CUT the nub off so all you have is a ball to stick up in there... then stick a lock thru the top part of the coupler.. :D they cant release the coupler to get teh ball out since there is a lock on it... granting nothing a pair of bolt cutters couldnt fix but anything to help deter someone.. :D

pete just take a 2 5/16' ball and CUT the nub off so all you have is a ball to stick up in there... then stick a lock thru the top part of the coupler.. :D they cant release the coupler to get teh ball out since there is a lock on it... granting nothing a pair of bolt cutters couldnt fix but anything to help deter someone.. :D

Not theft proof enough :huh: I don't want to rely on a small lock through the latch. :thumbsdown: I want one of those big ol locks :laughing:

That's a good idea. Is that how you lock up your trailer? :yeah_whatever:

what trailer... im a poor white kid that grew up in a border town in a doublewide... !! And yes that method has been used before... like i said IT AINT PERFECT SECURITY but it will deter someone... just makes it harder and more likely for them to get noticed!!