Getting Stuck

missmoe92

Hey guys,

I am going out on a limb here, so I hope you all aren't a bunch of freaks. I'm coming down this weekend for the first time, I am a regular at Pismo, but the ex and I just broke up and I am looking for a new place to ride with my Son. I convinced my sister and brother in law to go with me and I have no idea what I am getting myself into. I was planning on bringing the new 38 foot Class A Diesel Pusher Motor home. Do you think I will get stuck? I am told that the sand in the camping area is more of a hard pack and not as dense as the Pismo sand (I never took the RV onto the beach at Pismo). Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Just stay on the flats away from the dunes and you'll be just fine. It's not that soft. When you coming out? 31st- April 2nd/ weekend??

BTW, I moved this post to a new topic because I see us getting off topic over in that other thread if we go off on this topic over there. :huh:

Just stay on the flats away from the dunes and you'll be just fine. It's not that soft. When you coming out? 31st- April 2nd/ weekend??

BTW, I moved this post to a new topic because I see us getting off topic over in that other thread if we go off on this topic over there. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for the tip. If I get stuck, I'm gonna be lookin for you to dig me out. LOL Will we need to "air-down"?

I will be in late Fri night 31st or early Sat morning 1 or 2 am. Leaving Modesto area around 7pm. It is about a 6 hour drive. I will be in a 38 ft motorhome. It says ASTORIA on the side. Come by and say hi. I will be with my son, parents, (I know, but somebody has to drive!) sister, bro in law, and 2 nieces Sis and Bro-n-law have a motorhome and will be pulling a car carrier and will be in Fri afternoon.

BTW I read your other posts. I agree, you can't go to the dunes and not drink BEER. It's just not natural! :huh:

it is a little soft but you should not have any trouble with the mh,I pulled my 37ft toy hauler in with a two wheel drive and did not get stuck.we parked by the first finger about 50 ft or so from the end of it. we did not unload it to pull it in.

You shouldn't need to air down as long as you stay on the harder packed sand. :laughing: Keep in touch here on DDR and we'll meet up. You and your group are welcome to camp where we are that weekend if you want. :huh: :thumbsdown:

great thanks!!! We have no idea where anything is there, so we will probably will just camp at the first place we find that is suitable. If you happen to stumble upon us, come by and say hi.

Thanks again.

"17 psi is the Magic Number if 22 won't do", though you may not need it,, hold that thought.

We camp just above the checkin/ticket purchase station and it's a good place for first time visitors to camp because it is hard pack, very coarse sand.

At the top of the entrance hill do a 90 degree turn and there you are.

Can't help you this weekend because we won't be out until April 7th, but in the unlikely event you get stuck, people are always willing to help out.

You should be fine.