Does anyone have a connection at a dealership?

dreamrr

I just bought an Infiniti and I only got one set of keys, so I need a spare. Infinity wants to charge me $260 for just the key. That doesn't even include the clicker. Freaken Rediculous! Does anyone have any connections at a dealership that can get me a key for cheaper?

Edited by dreamrr

They tried doing that to me when i bought my altima... i pretty much told them look.. im giving you 2 sets of keys on my trade i expect 2 sets of keys for my new car... They tried giving me the $250 crap.. i said fine if the keys and fob's cost that damn much give me back one of the sets i gave you for my trade in.. they were kinda like ummm lemme get you another key :P

Its not the key that costs a ton its programming it that they dont like to do..

or pm McGyver- He works for Towbin Infiniti I believe. :D

Just for the record I am an Infiniti Master Technician @ Prestige Infiniti. I was @ our other store (Towbin Infiniti) for 12 yrs. (1991 to 2003), and transferred out to N.W when we opened on Halloween day 03 and i have been there since. My current location was once (actually twice ) known as "Towbin's Prestige Infiniti" but now just ..... Prestige Infiniti. Thats my lil tid bit for today ......... :dope:

Just for the record I am an Infiniti Master Technician @ Prestige Infiniti. I was @ our other store (Towbin Infiniti) for 12 yrs. (1991 to 2003), and transferred out to N.W when we opened on Halloween day 03 and i have been there since. My current location was once (actually twice ) known as "Towbin's Prestige Infiniti" but now just ..... Prestige Infiniti. Thats my lil tid bit for today ......... :dope:

Oh ok. :dope: I thought I remember you gettin a phone call from the Chopper not too long ago. :afro: :dope: Does he own Prestige too?

PM Sent! Thanks!

Depending on yr/model, both the keys and the remotes will have to be programmed. Will need all keys and remotes to do programming . If u do just the new key , old one will not work, same with remotes. Let a brotha know when u get above said key/ remote, and we can wave a magic wand over some shiat. :dope:

ps. Nissan stores can do same / same w/ there Consult (magic scanner) out.

Depending on yr/model, both the keys and the remotes will have to be programmed. Will need all keys and remotes to do programming . If u do just the new key , old one will not work, same with remotes. Let a brotha know when u get above said key/ remote, and we can wave a magic wand over some shiat. :laughing:

ps. Nissan stores can do same / same w/ there Consult (magic scanner) out.

So if I get a new key, I will need to have both keys reprogrammed?

So if I get a new key, I will need to have both keys reprogrammed?

Correct, all keys have to be done at the same time, if u just do the new one, the old one will seize to operate. Same with the remotes. But the remotes on that model can be done in your garage at home, no tools needed there. The newer ones with "I keys " or intellegent keys are remote/key in one package, u dont even have to take those out of your pocket/purse to unlock /start car.

Edited by MCGYVER

Oh ok. :laughing: I thought I remember you gettin a phone call from the Chopper not too long ago. :afro: :dope: Does he own Prestige too?

Actually His parents own both the Infiniti stores. Josh Towbin (aka Chopper) is however 1/2 owner of Towbin Dodge. He was involved in the daily running of the Store i am at, but was is the active word here. Nothing constant but change .