Question about Stars and Bars flying around the dunes

WHIZ

I'm not even remotely trying to be the person that :blink: . I'm just rather curious why so many folks out here fly the stars and bars? I've seen quite a few pictures of it and I'm just sort of curious. Coming from the South East I've seen this all of my life and have been around all the deep rooted feelings in regards to the flag. So, I'm quite used to seeing it but I guess I didn't expect that out west.

Can anyone shed the light for me?

I guess I'm curious because the Stars and Bars had a total of 13 stars. The thirteen states represented were: South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri, and Kentucky. Note that Missouri and Kentucky never officially seceded, but were slave states, and did have some confederate state governments, although they were in exile for the most part. None of the 13 states listed are westen states :boyyy: so I'm really lost.

But, what the heck do I know I'm just a :dance: from Georgia. Hopefully someone can shed light for me. Please folks I'm not trying to :think: I'm just looking for understanding.

Because it keeps the African-Americans from coming out to the dunes. We like to take them and string them up by the trees in Dumont and then put on our white sheets and have our meetings as we drink our Pabst Blue Ribbon around our burning crosses in camp. Sometimes when we see an African-American we like to tie ropes to their feet and hands and have a pull off with our quads or take them for a drag behind our rail. Our flags for the most part scares the smart ones away.

Just kidding, just kidding. I know, sick joke. I have a warped sense of humor. I'm not a raciest, I hate everybody equally. :blink:

I beleive the reason people fly the Southern Cross is to show that this sport for the most part is a "redneck" thing. Or they think it's cool because of it's looks. I doubt most people fly it because they are haters. Personally I prefer my pirate flags but that doesn't make me a thief.

By the way, there are no trees in Dumont :dance:

There are a few of possiblies:

1. The people flying those flags are from the south.

2. They watch way to much Dukes of Hazard and NASCAR

3. They are trying to make a statement about American.

4. They just like it and think it is cool.

What you might want to do is ask someone who is flying one of those flag the reason why.

Edited by desertskyz

I believe people who fly it still have a little racism left in there blood or "pride" if you want to call it that. ...Maybe they are just followers trying to be cool or actual people who are from the deep south who actually thinks the flag still means something.

TO me if you are AMERICAN the only flag that should be flying is the STARS & STRIPES..

I just wasn't sure if I was missing something. I was hoping someone out here could explain it to me. Again I'm used to rednecks (I use this term most dearly!) driving around with huge rebel flags and crap. Just didn't expect it so far West of the Mississippi. If I see someone out there flying the stars and bars I guess will ask them.

I think I'll go back to whistling dixie. :blink:

Whiz "The real Georgia :dance: "

I have flown the "rebel" flag in the past and may do so at anytime in the future. I was born in Mississippi and it's still a part of the state flag, and my heritage....which by the way was due to be replaced in 2001, but a vote of 2-1 said it still remains today....since 1864. I can't see the reason to change it because someone else doesn't like it.

post-475-1209579526_thumb.gif

BTW - The stars and bars flag shouldn't be mixed up. That flag actually looked like this, and had two different versions:

post-475-1209579549_thumb.gif post-475-1209579563_thumb.gif

Click for more info

The flag I think you are referring to is considered the Confederate battle flag:

post-475-1209579959_thumb.jpg

Click for more info

I have flown the "rebel" flag in the past and may do so at anytime in the future. I was born in Mississippi and it's still a part of the state flag, and my heritage....which by the way was due to be replaced in 2001, but a vote of 2-1 said it still remains today....since 1864. I can't see the reason to change it because someone else doesn't like it.

post-475-1209579526_thumb.gif

BTW - The stars and bars flag shouldn't be mixed up. That flag actually looked like this, and had two different versions:

post-475-1209579549_thumb.gif post-475-1209579563_thumb.gif

Click for more info

The flag I think you are referring to is considered the Confederate battle flag:

post-475-1209579959_thumb.jpg

Click for more info

I agree with the stars and bars, but some refer to the confederate battle flag falsely as the stars and bars. So I ancluded it in my comments for that reason only. I've considered running the Georgia flag on my toys (if I ever build one) and by Georgia I mean the one that was in place while I was growing up not the new piece of junk flag. With your background it makes perfect sense, but I doubt (for conversation sake) that everyone flying the Confederate Flag is from a southern up bringing.

Again folks, this is not posted for a :blink: , just merely I wanted to know why kind of thing...

I spent a lifetime in Georgia in just 3 short years. Man I hated that place. I was in Kingsland and St. Mary's. My fat a$$ couldn't stop sweating and the no beer on Sunday laws sucked (bible belt). Little in your nose bugs, mosquitos and water mocassons (spell check) Had my 250R ATC out there with the paddles hitting the local mud pits. Nobody had ever seen paddle tires or a 250R ATC out there before, it was pretty funny. I told people I was from San Diego, big mistake. They called me a faggot cause San Diego is right next to San Francisco. Which I guess makes them boys all New Yorkers according to their sense of distance.

Not bagging on you personally but a little time in Georgia goes a long way if your from someplace else. Of course I was in some pretty small towns. South Carolina was the same way. Ever heard of Goose Creek or Summerville South Carolina? Yeah, I hadn't either. God bless the local paper mills. :blink:

The only thing I really enjoyed about the south, The women were easy and the accents.

What is the Georgia flag, I can't remember, is'nt it a big flippin' peach :dance: JK

Edited by DarbyCrash

I spent a lifetime in Georgia in just 3 short years. Man I hated that place. I was in Kingsland and St. Mary's. My fat a$$ couldn't stop sweating and the no beer on Sunday laws sucked (bible belt). Little in your nose bugs, mosquitos and water mocassons (spell check) Had my 250R ATC out there with the paddles hitting the local mud pits. Nobody had ever seen paddle tires or a 250R ATC out there before, it was pretty funny. I told people I was from San Diego, big mistake. They called me a faggot cause San Diego is right next to San Francisco. Which I guess makes them boys all New Yorkers according to their sense of distance.

Not bagging on you personally but a little time in Georgia goes a long way if your from someplace else. Of course I was in some pretty small towns. South Carolina was the same way. Ever heard of Goose Creek or Summerville South Carolina? Yeah, I hadn't either. God bless the local paper mills. :blink:

The only thing I really enjoyed about the south, The women were easy and the accents.

What is the Georgia flag, I can't remember, is'nt it a big flippin' peach :dance: JK

What is the flag of Nermal?

Not bagging on you personally but a little time in Georgia goes a long way if your from someplace else. Of course I was in some pretty small towns. South Carolina was the same way. Ever heard of Goose Creek or Summerville South Carolina? Yeah, I hadn't either. God bless the local paper mills. :dance:

What is the Georgia flag, I can't remember, is'nt it a big flippin' peach :think: JK

:blink:

I grew up in the same town as the Masters golf tourney. Augusta or Disgusta as it has become know as. I totally agree with you in regards to the bible belt, which is why I moved my son out here as well. I wanted him to have the opportunity to be a free thinker and not live in a closed minded society, where "if you aint baptist, you aint christian". I second the Blue Law (no alchohol on sundays) crap also, thank god most of the time I was over 21 in the south I was also in the military so I could drive on base and get beer.

The south as a whole is very close minded and I agree if you are anywhere north of Virginia most southerners consider you a yankee. Anything west of the Mississippi seems to make you one of them there homosexicals... I love the place but most there (in regards to the general populace) are very ignorant.

Yes, Goose Creek and Summerville are familiar to me, I have friends from both places. I actually went to high school in South Carolina, so I couldn't agree more about spending little time there ( I got the h3ll out of dodge and joined the military right after high school. Only to land my behind in Minot,ND which is as you say "a little time in N. Dakota goes a long way if your from someplace else".

Papermills are :whip: terrible! :boyyy: is quite right! There is a mill about 15 miles from my property in GA, yes I still own 4+ acres (because they're not making any more land, may as well buy it before its gone).

I couldn't agree more about Southern women, but I dislike how 90% of them feel the urge to get prego and married as thier big life plan after high school!

Georgia Flag True%20Georgia%20flag.jpg

Ok, end of rant :lol:

Edited by WHIZ

the end ? :dope: woo hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the south is gonna rise again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK i'm done ! :beercheers:

Dan you let me down, you forgot the YEEHAW!

Some :lol: you are hahahahaha

A sailkitty (good comeback cmyfirepole) :lol:

Lets see if anybody knows what a sailkitty is?

Oh god, I guess I will show the Hillbilly in me at this point. My grandfather ( a Tenn. Hillbilly) always said a sail cat was a cat that had been run over enough and had been sitting in the road long enough (aka roadkill)that you could pick it up and throw it like a frisbee......

Thanks guys for making me really look like a redneck now..... :beercheers:

Oh god, I guess I will show the Hillbilly in me at this point. My grandfather ( a Tenn. Hillbilly) always said a sail cat was a cat that had been run over enough and had been sitting in the road long enough (aka roadkill)that you could pick it up and throw it like a frisbee......

Thanks guys for making me really look like a redneck now..... :lol:

post-4248-1209596183_thumb.jpg

Right on :beercheers:

I learned sailkitty when my mom was hanging out with the Hells Angels at a get together in the 80's

If someone can fly the Mexican flag, I can fly whatever-the-hell flag I wish.

The first ammendment gives you that right and American Soldiers, Sailers, Airmen, and Marines protect that right, but this post was not about that at all.

This post was one for my own understanding.

To put simply:

Why are folks on the West Coast flying the Confederate Battle Flag?

As someone posted earlier they were from Mississippi, which made sense to me. But, I assume (yes I know it makes an a$$ of u and me) that a majority of the folks flying the Confederate Flag (Notice I fixed that, cmyfirepole?) do not have the same story. Like others have said in the post I'm thinking they do it for a cool factor, or some other story. I would start a Poll, but I'm afraid this post has gone to Hades in a Handbasket, and would do very little to help me understand this topic at all.

Ok, once again I'm done running my mouth :lol: . I shall step into the flame suit and wait :beercheers:

UMMMMM couldnt you just buy a bunch of beer on Saturday???

Thats usually what we did, but if you have a large party and run out of beer during the party Sat night, you're :beercheers: