S10 wont start

ltr450

I bought my son a 2000 S10 2.2 liter for his 16th birthday.From a freind of ours. he sad that it was making a knocking sound but didn't know what it was. Never heard this truck running. So we did all kinds of things but still cant get it started .Compression test 110 at each cylinder. Replaced plugs and got spark.Checked fuel pump and filter, all good. Just dont know what going on. Just need to hear it run to find out if it need a new motor or not..... :headbang1:

All the power and fuses are good. I know the knocking is not a good thing :headbang1: but if its just a lifter thats cheaper then a new motor. Dont know how to check the injector for a pulse :laughing:

Unplug one of the injector connectors from the injector. It will be a two wire connector. (They're kind of a pain to get to on a 2.2L)

With the key on:

Using a test light with it hooked to a good ground- probe/check for power on one of the two terminals. Once you know you have power on that terminal, take the test light ground clamp and connect it to a good 12V source. Then probe the OTHER terminal of the connector and crank the engine. What you are testing for is a pulsed ground. The test light should flash repeatedly while cranking.

Just make sure you don't cram the test light in the terminals and damage the pins.

I need to start charging for online DDR-GM tech assitance. :headbang1:

DDR-MrGoodwrench.com :laughing: :laughing:

Unplug one of the injector connectors from the injector. It will be a two wire connector. (They're kind of a pain to get to on a 2.2L)

With the key on:

Using a test light with it hooked to a good ground- probe/check for power on one of the two terminals. Once you know you have power on that terminal, take the test light ground clamp and connect it to a good 12V source. Then probe the OTHER terminal of the connector and crank the engine. What you are testing for is a pulsed ground. The test light should flash repeatedly while cranking.

Just make sure you don't cram the test light in the terminals and damage the pins.

I need to start charging for online DDR-GM tech assitance. :drinkbeer:

DDR-MrGoodwrench.com :beercheers::lol:

Just sell him a DDR Premium membership. GM tech assistance is included in the $2000.00 price right? :beercheers:

Or just take it to Henderson chevy....Tell the service writer that you are ltr450 from "DDR" I heard that works awesome!!!! :drinkbeer::beercheers::beercheers:

So just go to hederson chevy and tell them that i'm " Ltr450" and i have a lose "Wingnut" and that"Destrider" sent me and ask for "Dunefeak". I think that would work..... :lol:

So just go to hederson chevy and tell them that i'm " Ltr450" and i have a lose "Wingnut" and that"Destrider" sent me and ask for "Dunefeak". I think that would work..... :drinkbeer:

Tell them you met Dunefreak through Duniemonkey and they will give you a car wash token :duniemonkie:

With the key on:

I need to start charging for online DDR-GM tech assitance. :drinkbeer:

DDR-MrGoodwrench.com :beercheers::lol:

If you charged then us poor boys :beercheers: would never learn.

Or just take it to Henderson chevy....Tell the service writer that you are ltr450 from "DDR" I heard that works awesome!!!! :beercheers::lol::DDRrocks:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just sell him a DDR Premium membership. GM tech assistance is included in the $2000.00 price right? :DDRrocks:

:DDRrocks: There ya go. And all I need to do is sell that ONE membership and I'll be set....for now! :drinkbeer::beercheers:

I just assumed that the fuel pump was working. Because when,I pulled the fuel line after the filter, and it was flowing fine.I guess it just needed more pressure. Next time going to give it to the pro's to fix :laughing:

I just assumed that the fuel pump was working. Because when,I pulled the fuel line after the filter, and it was flowing fine.I guess it just needed more pressure.

:lol::laughing: yyyyeah....you can't really check fuel pressure, volume or amperage draw properly that way. :thumb::dope: