TRT Meeting June 3rd

^^^^I tried, and was told they will have that meeting before the season kicks off, so I'm thinking next meeting should.....should be on Sat SF Woody :freakin_nuts:

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^I tried, and was told they will have that meeting before the season kicks off, so I'm thinking next meeting should.....should be on Sat SF Woody :black:

Here is the adgenda for the meeting next Tuesday. Anybody driving down from Vegas let me know and we will car pool?

Agenda for April 8, 2008

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes from the April 17, 2008 meeting

Lunch decision – pizza or sandwiches (Bring $8.00 cash)

DISCUSSION ITEMS:

Fringe-Toe lizard Petition update Roxie , Bill

Dumont Dunes Road – Asphalt grindings update Lynnette

Discussion - fee machines contract Lynnette

MEMBERS ITEMS

Public Comment

Adjournment

We will work through lunch.

Here is the adgenda for the meeting next Tuesday. Anybody driving down from Vegas let me know and we will car pool?

Agenda for April 8, 2008

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes from the April 17, 2008 meeting

Lunch decision – pizza or sandwiches (Bring $8.00 cash)

DISCUSSION ITEMS:

Fringe-Toe lizard Petition update Roxie , Bill

Dumont Dunes Road – Asphalt grindings update Lynnette

Discussion - fee machines contract Lynnette

MEMBERS ITEMS

Public Comment

Adjournment

We will work through lunch.

I thought blm/Mike was taking care of those machines? What are they gonna contract out?

I thought blm/Mike was taking care of those machines? What are they gonna contract out?

Turns out that Western Maint. did not own the machines but was leasing them. They also have so many problems that it is going to be to costly to maintain them. We are looking at leasing new ones which include service contracts. there were several companies at the last meeting which presented offers and discussed their machines. I believe we are going to finalize on which one we want to go with.

It was a very interesting meeting today. We received UNCONFIRMED I repeat UNCONFIRMED reports that Fish and wildlife may be ready to list the Fringe toed lizard as endangered or at least threatened. We are proposing that BLM contact F&W about a conservation plan instead. I will let you know when that happens. We also learned that due to the long distance to Dumont the 15 thousand tons of asphalt grindings we were supposed to get are going to razor road and zzyzx roads. We will have to wait till there is another resurfacing project closer. thanks to fuel costs etc!

The heli port and the new fee machines should be in place by sept. 1 and ready for the new season. Note: the fee machines will only let you buy a weekly pass NO season passes!They must be bought at a vendor . We are weening the users off of getting their passes at the dunes and making it a way to stop BLM from fee collection of any sort within 2 years. The lease on the machines is for 2 years and after that they will be gone and you will have to have gotten your pass off site.

The next meeting will be on SATURDAY SEPT. 6th. I hope you all attend because this is being done so all can attend.

Terry

It was a very interesting meeting today. We received UNCONFIRMED I repeat UNCONFIRMED reports that Fish and wildlife may be ready to list the Fringe toed lizard as endangered or at least threatened. We are proposing that BLM contact F&W about a conservation plan instead. I will let you know when that happens. We also learned that due to the long distance to Dumont the 15 thousand tons of asphalt grindings we were supposed to get are going to razor road and zzyzx roads. We will have to wait till there is another resurfacing project closer. thanks to fuel costs etc!

The heli port and the new fee machines should be in place by sept. 1 and ready for the new season. Note: the fee machines will only let you buy a weekly pass NO season passes!They must be bought at a vendor . We are weening the users off of getting their passes at the dunes and making it a way to stop BLM from fee collection of any sort within 2 years. The lease on the machines is for 2 years and after that they will be gone and you will have to have gotten your pass off site.

The next meeting will be on SATURDAY SEPT. 6th. I hope you all attend because this is being done so all can attend.

Terry

thanks for the notice on Sat Sept 10th...

that sucks about the lizard...the last word I heard about it is that there was an abundance of them when F and W did the count a few months ago :lol:

I could see the weening of fee collection coming too. just one less thing for the BLM to do, so they can do what they really need to do (teach their drivers how NOT to get stuck out of bounds by the north pole) :lol:

anyway...i have my calander MARKED SEPT 6th...I drivng from Bako.......I CHALLANGE all other DDR members to show up IN FORCE!!!!! :slap:

Thanks for the update Terry. :lol:

Thats pretty scarey about the lizard. I wish there was something we could do other than just wait and see what happens. :slap:

You can bet your azz I'll be at the Saturday meeting in Sept.

The guy that advised us of the lizard issue is probably wrong. I think he got his dates wrong and we should not get all worked up about it yet. If it does become a hard fact then we really need to get worked up but for right now let's see what happens in the next few days.

terry

Maybe we should all start breeding fringe toad lizards and taking them to Dumont!!! A lizard mill! :lol:

Thanks Terry for the heads up on this and the date on the next meeting! :slap:

They only had 6 Rangers at the Barstow field office the last few years. They have hired 5 more this year to make 11 at the office ( going to hire 1 more to make 12). But those are for the entire area the field office oversee's...SF Woody :dunno:

Maybe we should all start breeding fringe toad lizards and taking them to Dumont!!! A lizard mill! :whoop:

Thanks Terry for the heads up on this and the date on the next meeting! :laughoff:

I had to reread that one , I was thinking htf ? am i going to do a lizzard !! :dope: :black:

I had to reread that one , I was thinking htf ? am i going to do a lizzard !! :stick_smack::drunk:

Sure, but that would be one funky lizard! Then again, they'd call it an endangered species with only a few in creation and close down the dunes fo sho!!!

:rockon: :rockon: