2007 yzf250f

Warrior07

I have this guy willing to trade me his 2007 yz250f for my raptor . Has anyone had any experience with em. And no i'm not looking for comments on a 450. any help would be appreciated ( like the pros and cons). Just looking for something to play around on and ride with the kid :usa: ( not looking to be a hill shooter i have the rhino :rhino: for that .

post-638-1211322246_thumb.jpg

post-638-1211322274_thumb.jpg

its not a bad bike... I rode a 250f in the sand and it was kinda slow but im also what twice the size of you pete.. It will get you by if your just trail riding with the kid but in the dunes it will suffer a little. Im sure a guy of your size will be fine with it.. the 450 would obviously be better :D

I swapped a 04 yfz 450 for a completely modded yzf250. The 250f haulz azz...more bike than most people can handle on dirt and on the track but i can see where it lacks a little in the sand but not much, I ride mine at dumont with no paddle on and i have no complaints. :mc:

I swapped a 04 yfz 450 for a completely modded yzf250. The 250f haulz azz...more bike than most people can handle on dirt and on the track but i can see where it lacks a little in the sand but not much, I ride mine at dumont with no paddle on and i have no complaints. :mc:

there ya have it !! I would get somthing bigger , but if it runs that good ???????? oh wait a fully modded one hauls azz !! eef that thing you motor boatin s.o.b. :usa: make sure what ever you get will make you happy , for a long time . :blink: peace

there ya have it !! I would get somthing bigger , but if it runs that good ???????? oh wait a fully modded one hauls azz !! eef that thing you motor boatin s.o.b. :usa: make sure what ever you get will make you happy , for a long time . :blink: peace

okay motoxmanpowerhouse :blink:

okay motoxmanpowerhouse :beercheers:

lets go powerhouse...LETS BOX!!!! :think: :breakdance:

jkjk

i donno how much u weigh or how big u are

i got a 450 cuz im 6'3" 155 lbs

my friend has got a 250...hes shorter than me and i think a little lighter

my bikes got a pipe and filter...hes got the same

it does just as well as my 450 in the dunes

its all about the experience u have

hes better than me so he beats me up comp hill everytime

thats a bitchin 250

if ur light and not too tall then itd be just fine

these days the quads will just beat u up cuz the dunes get so torn up

if u like ur raptor then dont get rid of it

if u dont ride the raptor much and think ud have a better time with the 250 then go for it

if ur kid is just learnin how to ride or not a speedster stick with the raptor so that u can take it slow

if he rides a dirtbike and likes to rocket through the dunes :laughoff: ...u need somethin thatll keep up with him...hence the 250

its all up to u on wut ur preference is :headbang1:

lets go powerhouse...LETS BOX!!!! :bawl::headbang1:

jkjk

i donno how much u weigh or how big u are

i got a 450 cuz im 6'3" 155 lbs

my friend has got a 250...hes shorter than me and i think a little lighter

my bikes got a pipe and filter...hes got the same

it does just as well as my 450 in the dunes

its all about the experience u have

hes better than me so he beats me up comp hill everytime

thats a bitchin 250

if ur light and not too tall then itd be just fine

these days the quads will just beat u up cuz the dunes get so torn up

if u like ur raptor then dont get rid of it

if u dont ride the raptor much and think ud have a better time with the 250 then go for it

if ur kid is just learnin how to ride or not a speedster stick with the raptor so that u can take it slow

if he rides a dirtbike and likes to rocket through the dunes :chug: ...u need somethin thatll keep up with him...hence the 250

its all up to u on wut ur preference is :laughoff:

Well first off i started riding dumont with a cr250 back in the good ol day of 93 when pres day looked like an off weekend :beercheers:

I like the raptor but to be honest with ya at the clean up it sat in the back of my truck !

Pres day i took it out once to the meet n greet.

I Pretty much cruise around in the rhino.

As for size 5' 9" 150 lbs

as for experience was upper intermediate .

I recently had an rm250 that i got rid of for the raptor but since getting the rhino i for some reason could care less on getting on the raptor.

I've always been a two wheel guy . Plus the kid still has his 90 quad i use to following him around till he's ready to be set free with the throttle. :bawl:

Also one of the reason for getting back into riding/ racing two wheels is getting the kid into raceing eventually and me also get back into racing ( father son type thing :breakdance: ).

I have experience with 2 stroke 125's 250's & 500's but not the fourstrokes. I've always loved riding 125's but don't want to deal with the constant rebuilds & i know the 250f was released to phase out the 125 but just not sure of the power for hitting the sand :think:

If it has at least the power of a 250 two stroke i think i'd be happy .

I would check kkb.com and see what the values are on the two bikes. I would guess that the trade is in your favor. If you want a bike for just sand then i would suggest a 450 but dont under estimate the power of the 250f on the track! :beercheers:

I would check kkb.com and see what the values are on the two bikes. I would guess that the trade is in your favor. If you want a bike for just sand then i would suggest a 450 but dont under estimate the power of the 250f on the track! :beercheers:

It would'nt be for sand mainly only hit up dumont 2-3 times a year everywhere else is trailriding (duck creek desert etc . :breakdance:

Well first off i started riding dumont with a cr250 back in the good ol day of 93 when pres day looked like an off weekend :beercheers:

I like the raptor but to be honest with ya at the clean up it sat in the back of my truck !

Pres day i took it out once to the meet n greet.

I Pretty much cruise around in the rhino.

As for size 5' 9" 150 lbs

as for experience was upper intermediate .

I recently had an rm250 that i got rid of for the raptor but since getting the rhino i for some reason could care less on getting on the raptor.

I've always been a two wheel guy . Plus the kid still has his 90 quad i use to following him around till he's ready to be set free with the throttle. :laughoff:

Also one of the reason for getting back into riding/ racing two wheels is getting the kid into raceing eventually and me also get back into racing ( father son type thing :breakdance: ).

I have experience with 2 stroke 125's 250's & 500's but not the fourstrokes. I've always loved riding 125's but don't want to deal with the constant rebuilds & i know the 250f was released to phase out the 125 but just not sure of the power for hitting the sand :headbang1:

If it has at least the power of a 250 two stroke i think i'd be happy .

THERE YA GO DUDE!!!

yeah my dad had a cr 500 and i was ridin a quad

i saw how he was ridin it and im like wow...i gotta get me one of those

he got me a ttr 125...didnt like it at first but as i rode it more i began to LOVE it

then i went out and bought myself a 450...i love it...better than the quads

and now my dads the one usin my bike

so ur son should pick up on it

but its still good to get back on the quads every now and then...especially when its smooth

dirtbikes more of a challenge and theres more things u can learn on em

then theres somethin new to do each ride

Well no more raptor got the bike it runs. pretty clean i'll have to do a warrior07 cleaning on it :slap::laughing: but are four strokes cold blooded ??

:laughing::bawl::drunk::banghead:

congrats

when i got my bike in october...it was an 03

NOT A SCRATCH ON IT

took it out for the first time...it slid out from underneath me within 5 seconds...well...theres the first couple scratches...i picked it up fast thinkin it would get more damaged if i left it down

when i got home...i washed it for an hour tryin to get all the scratches and marks off

my four stroke isnt cold blooded...normally first kick whether in the morning or afternoon..itll start up

have fun with it :MBdance::D:mc::MBdance:

:laughing::laughing::bawl::MBdance:

congrats

when i got my bike in october...it was an 03

NOT A SCRATCH ON IT

took it out for the first time...it slid out from underneath me within 5 seconds...well...theres the first couple scratches...i picked it up fast thinkin it would get more damaged if i left it down

when i got home...i washed it for an hour tryin to get all the scratches and marks off

my four stroke isnt cold blooded...normally first kick whether in the morning or afternoon..itll start up

have fun with it :MBdance::D:mc::slap:

it start's first second kick ran it up and down the street to make sure all gears worked but i just noticed the idle has to be set tiny bit hi (like i said new to the fourstroke thing ). :banghead:

it start's first second kick ran it up and down the street to make sure all gears worked but i just noticed the idle has to be set tiny bit hi (like i said new to the fourstroke thing ). :freakin_nuts:

WOAH!!!

i missed the "F" at the end of 250...i thought it was a two stroke...my bad

its all the same...power bands just a lil different

good to hear everythings runnin on it

u gonna add anymore stuff to it...like plastics and rims??

not that ud need any of that...looks nice as it is