Hands Free

ltr450

Is this only a law in califrona or all over. That you can't drive and talk on your cell phone. Starting july 1 :smoker:

Oh...and I think that law only means you can't HOLD your phone and talk. If you have a hands free headset or earpiece, I THINK that is ok.

I heard throught the grapevine that you are still allowed to text while driving. Don't know if thats true, but if it is, eff that. That will mean 4 times the amount of phone related accidents.

Edited by suzltr450rider

I heard throught the grapevine that you are still allowed to text while driving. Don't know if thats true, but if it is, eff that. That will mean 4 times the amount of phone related accidents.

I heard the same thing about the texting. As long as your not physically holding the phone to your ear. So Bluetooth, speaker phone or any hands free device and your legal.

The studies done have shown that talking on a hands free or holding the phone to your ear makes no difference.

Someone on the phone driving is 400% more likely to CAUSE an accident.

In Nevada, the law currently says that local communities can NOT pass a law restricting cel phone use while driving (thanks to a past law that our old Gov. who just happen to get a HUGE campaign donation from some of the phone companies.)

I ride streetbike everyday on US95 and I15, and I can spot a cel phone driver from 100+ yards away from how theyre driving.

I'm sorry to the people who think they can talk on the phone and drive simultaneously, but NO you CAN'T!