Lucerne in danger of being closed

MQUnlimited

I see a lot of people crying about closures, but I don't see many people willing to do anything about it.

Lucerne valley is in real danger guys/gals...can you all PLEASE take one friday evening out of your schedules and join in attending a public BLM meeting in Victorville, Oct. 24th, from either 1:00-4:00 PM, or 6:00-9:00 PM?

I am dissapointed in our "community" as a whole...bit%$ing between different "cliques" or groups and crying on the internet about closures and tree huggers is not going to do a da!@ bit of good.

Posted also in DD.com, and GD.com

Edited by MQUnlimited

I see a lot of people crying about closures, but I don't see many people willing to do anything about it.

Lucerne valley is in real danger guys/gals...can you all PLEASE take one friday evening out of your schedules and join in attending a public BLM meeting in Victorville, Oct. 24th, from either 1:00-4:00 PM, or 6:00-9:00 PM?

I am dissapointed in our "community" as a whole...bit%$ing between different "cliques" or groups and crying on the internet about closures and tree huggers is not going to do a da!@ bit of good.

OK... :blink:

I get that not a lot of people do much about the areas being closed down... But what is going to be closed? Is it johnson Valley or Slash X area, Or what?

Im not being a smart A$$.. Just really want to know whats up.. It seems like every time we go out to ride another area is being closed down or locked out for the season!!!

I was thinking... Seeing that the Tree huggers and the Sierra "Pukes" can cry :bawl: about an endangered bug or plant that gets another riding area closed down... We should be able to have open season on these groups.. I think its only fair...

This is :bs: if they think that they can take away another are from us!!!! What the Hell are we paying taxes for and all these off-road fees and green/Red sticker fees and :blah::blah::blah: ..... :banghead::pissed::finger:

Dont mean to sound so :angry2: :argue: But Damn...

Anyway...

Let us know whats up...

Edited by Dune Family

OK... :banghead:

I get that not a lot of people do much about the areas being closed down... But what is going to be closed? Is it johnson Valley or Slash X area, Or what?

Let us know whats up...

The Department of the Navy, as required by the 1958 Engle Act, filed an application requesting the Secretary of the Interior to process a proposed withdrawal of public lands for military training and exercises involving the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center at Twentynine Palms. The proposal seeks to withdraw approximately 366,000 acres of federal public land and, if eventually acquired, approximately 72,000 acres of non-federally owned property within the proposed withdrawal area.

I cant find a map but this is what I could find...

This includes the area off Bessimer Mine Rd./Sogge Dry lake as well as Cougar Buttes, Anderson Dry Lake, all the way to Camp Rock Rd. Basically the whole enchilada will be off limits
This is :pissed: if they think that they can take away another are from us!!!! What the Hell are we paying taxes for and all these off-road fees and green/Red sticker fees
You are seriously calling this BS????........

http://www.marines.mil/units/hqmc/Pages/Ma...Management.aspx

I know this isnt sand dunes but its awesome out there to ride and watch the MDR races....

Edited by MQUnlimited

Yes.. I do think its :banghead: that they may close down The Johnson Valley area... We go to Johnson Valley 10 to 20 times a year...

WTF!!!

I will be at whatever meeting about these possible closures...

Please keep us up on the info!!!

WOW....okay, later then. :finger::blink:

You seem to be getting pissed off at those that replied. How come? Am I reading that wrong? :argue: :pissed:

When everyone says it's :blah: , I don't necessarily think they are saying you are lying about it. They are just pissed to hear an area is getting closed. At least that's how I read it. :angry2:

Anyways, thanks for the update. That really sucks if it happens. Anytime we are in danger of losing ANY riding areas, even if I don't ride there, it's never a good thing and I hate hearing about it. :banghead: I wish I could attend the meeting, but I will be out of town that weekend. Is there anything else we can do for those that can't make it?

ill go