Trip Report

HappyHour

Well first off, I could not have asked for better weather!! :laughing: Just a minor breeze the whole time to blow the dust out. But it was upper 80's during the day and low 50's at night.....just AWESOME!!!!

Anyway, I got there Friday about dusk and just setup the MH to hang with my wife and baby girl. Since we were the only ones from our camp there, I didn't even touch the car until Friday morning. It was a good night. Had a couple of drinks and just hung out with the wife around the campfire.

Friday......unloaded the car and went for a little run around the dunes with my buddy on his quad. Met up with a buddy's, friend who had never been to Dumont before and showed him around. He's a 20+ year Glamis/Pismo guy. Hung out and partied by the fire that night and made a late night run to the hill. NOBODY was there LOL :laughing: Went back to camp and chilled out until going to bed.

Saturday....did a few dune runs in the AM which was real nice. :yiah: Then went to the South Pole at 2 pm to go meet some new faces on DDR. I had the privilege of meeting Big Rick, Sandawg, and mdthlfa. They are some cool guys. We didn't hang out all that much as they wanted to get back to camp for some lunch. So after they left me and my little group of 3 rook off on a dune run to the N. Pole. All in all, it was another epic day at Dumont.

Sunday......we just loaded up for the drive home.

Suprisingly I didn't see any Emergency vehicle traffic this weekend which was nice. Although I did hear through the grapevine that some did get hurt at Comp Hill Saturday late in the afternoon. I do hope he or she is OK if this is in fact true.

It was an utterly awesome weekend!!! Stellar weather, Stellar dunes, and Stellar good times!!!! Now I can't wait for the Poker Run although I will be sailing solo for that!!

:laughing: :fro_smokin: Pics to follow.................

Untouched (almost) dunes............

post-17-1225071894_thumb.jpg

Some dude was Pair-a-sailing off the front of the dunes on Saturday...

post-17-1225072000_thumb.jpg

There were just a handful of vendors this weekend.....

post-17-1225072124_thumb.jpg

My friends buddy rippin the Superbowl.....

post-17-1225072263_thumb.jpg

We did a sunset run to the N. Pole and my daughter wanted here picture next to the pole........

post-17-1225072357_thumb.jpg

Good times baby.............. :B :laughing: :fro_smokin: :yiah:

One more note on the weekend. I also met for the 2nd time MotoGPRider at Comp Hill. :laughing: Then on Saturday night, we went to the hill just to see what was cracking. Well there was only a handful of peeps there. My daughter on the other hand, all she wanted to do was shoot the hill. She didn't quite grasp the concept of "letting the motor cool down". My oil temp got to about 210 degrees. But she dealt with it and we made a few more passes before we left that night. She is a duner fo sure!!!!!!

:laughing: :angry2: :laughing:

I made the first real trip with my new car. All guys trip and my "crew chief" Scott of Metal Craft. We had a couple of electrical issues with the car... fuses popping and a POS fuse block that will get replaced immediately.

The car overall did very well. Great ride and handling. I will lower the gear ratio too. Be back for T-day.

Here are some pics:

post-144-1225084371_thumb.jpg

post-144-1225084679_thumb.jpg

I was out there last weekend also. was there with some folks i work with. Had 3 m/h and about 6 tents. had 4 rails, my 2 quads, and like 5 mini quads.

got there thursday afternoon. great weather all weekend. one rail broke, broken axel.

only saw one ranger saturday riding through camp area, passed another one on my way out on sunday around 11 am.

comp hill not all that busy. would race some folks with my 06 trx450r, beat them, and then have to wait around till someone new showed up. went out friday night around 8 ish, only a handful there, most of them just sitting around. a little bit busier on saturday. there were a couple of quick banshee's, one had Bud Lite stickers on it.

Like Happy Hour said the weather was IDEAL ! We got in thursday at sunset got my truck and trailer stuck. That was a first for me at Dumont. Ran into happy hour at Comp on Friday, i never made it to the ride saturday was to busy playing mechanic 5 carb rebuilds, two stuck Polaris Rangers, one broken swingarm, and one blown CDI on the YFZ 450. But we had big group with lots of toys so everyone stayed happy. Comp was pretty busy on Saturday witnessed a pretty good wreck rail and quad to the left of the face. People were shaken up but did ride away so that was a relief. Want to say thanks to RandyVW for taking the kids for rides in his rail this weekend. My 14 year old daughter was still smiling and spitting out sand two hours later.

Sorry SandriderGP, I got your name wrong and the day wrong before. Oops.

Anyway, I thought there was a bigger crowd on the flats than normal for an off weekend. I was suprised that there wasn't more peeps at the hill on Saturday night. When we were there about 8pm or so, there was only a handful there and one guy with a fire. It was DEAD, but on the other hand, it allowed me to run my 3 1/2 year old daughter up the hill without any worries.

Good seeing you again! :headbang1:

Well first off, I could not have asked for better weather!! :pissed: Just a minor breeze the whole time to blow the dust out. But it was upper 80's during the day and low 50's at night.....just AWESOME!!!!

Anyway, I got there Friday about dusk and just setup the MH to hang with my wife and baby girl. Since we were the only ones from our camp there, I didn't even touch the car until Friday morning. It was a good night. Had a couple of drinks and just hung out with the wife around the campfire.

Friday......unloaded the car and went for a little run around the dunes with my buddy on his quad. Met up with a buddy's, friend who had never been to Dumont before and showed him around. He's a 20+ year Glamis/Pismo guy. Hung out and partied by the fire that night and made a late night run to the hill. NOBODY was there LOL :mischevious: Went back to camp and chilled out until going to bed.

Saturday....did a few dune runs in the AM which was real nice. :yiah: Then went to the South Pole at 2 pm to go meet some new faces on DDR. I had the privilege of meeting Big Rick, Sandawg, and mdthlfa. They are some cool guys. We didn't hang out all that much as they wanted to get back to camp for some lunch. So after they left me and my little group of 3 rook off on a dune run to the N. Pole. All in all, it was another epic day at Dumont.

Sunday......we just loaded up for the drive home.

Suprisingly I didn't see any Emergency vehicle traffic this weekend which was nice. Although I did hear through the grapevine that some did get hurt at Comp Hill Saturday late in the afternoon. I do hope he or she is OK if this is in fact true.

It was an utterly awesome weekend!!! Stellar weather, Stellar dunes, and Stellar good times!!!! Now I can't wait for the Poker Run although I will be sailing solo for that!!

:pissed: :fro_smokin: Pics to follow.................

THANKS , HAPPYHOUR IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU AND OTHERS AS WELL.

I got lunch and a little sumpn sumpn :pissed: as well. it was a great trip.

my buggy ran great after i cleaned my gas filter out.

(mdthlfa) gave me heads up on that little trick.

i done everything but clean my filter before i left for the trip.stupid me :shocked:

Like Happy Hour said the weather was IDEAL ! We got in thursday at sunset got my truck and trailer stuck. That was a first for me at Dumont. Ran into happy hour at Comp on Friday, i never made it to the ride saturday was to busy playing mechanic 5 carb rebuilds, two stuck Polaris Rangers, one broken swingarm, and one blown CDI on the YFZ 450. But we had big group with lots of toys so everyone stayed happy. Comp was pretty busy on Saturday witnessed a pretty good wreck rail and quad to the left of the face. People were shaken up but did ride away so that was a relief. Want to say thanks to RandyVW for taking the kids for rides in his rail this weekend. My 14 year old daughter was still smiling and spitting out sand two hours later.

any excuse for a thrill-ride through the dunes....my pleasure. always willing to haul butt thru the dunes. thanks for the babysittin'. hope nobody :mischevious: ...awesome weekends are even better when shared with friends. cant wait til hallowweeenie. we will most likely be right across the road from the camp host. come by for a snickers or reeses peanut butter cup, anybody can read this.