Unbelievable.......We're pissed!

Guest Crasher

i watched a report on teevee a couple weeks ago about a device thieves are applying to atm machines. it's a card reader that when placed above the ATM machines card reader, you hardly notice that you're swiping your card through both readers. the false card reader is removed a short time later and the thieves have all of your card information, and can duplicate a card in minutes.

also, watch for the tweekers in the drive-thru. they have similar hand-held devices that they can discreetly swipe your card without you noticing.

I was on the phone with Wells Fargo for about an hour with an expert on this matter. He told me exactly what you said. Also he said one of the best things if you use your debit card is run it as a credit card, this way your pin is still safe. He also said to set up a "dummy" checking acct. He recommended using the dummy acct for bill pay, paypal and other online/phone useage. Keep zero or little money in it. This way the thieves dont have access to your bigger or main accounts. Good points....

sh*ty to hear guys hope the mofo gets caught :lol: ...i buddy of mine was in cali and his g/f and her mom got jumped few hours later they bought a $800 t.v at target with there credit card and target's policy is they dont have to check id which is a crock of sh*t in my opinion

I was on the phone with Wells Fargo for about an hour with an expert on this matter. He told me exactly what you said. Also he said one of the best things if you use your debit card is run it as a credit card, this way your pin is still safe. He also said to set up a "dummy" checking acct. He recommended using the dummy acct for bill pay, paypal and other online/phone useage. Keep zero or little money in it. This way the thieves dont have access to your bigger or main accounts. Good points....

I do that for my personal and my business accounts.

Why in the HELL would you do that!? :beat::lol:

Well, I have never been accused of being all that smart at times. I don't leave it in there anymore, are you kidding?!?! I have live in Vegas for about 12 years and I have never had problems. I guess with the economy going down hill, quickly, people are getting desperate.

One time my debit card was stolen and for about a month B of A and I were tracking the charges just to see where these f*ckers went. Well... ~3 weeks later this HUGE bar tab shows up for a bar I had NEVER been too, so I call it in.

After a very long and very confusing conversation with the bank, I realized I had indeed been to this bar, right around the time my card was stolen... and suddenly remembered all those jeager bombs I bought my co-workers.

It was a good laugh for the dude on the phone. I'm glad B of A still takes me seriously.

I bought a new truck yesterday and someone that had test droveleft there wallet in there...Im no thief so i did return the wallet to him..it had cash and credit cards..i did think about buying some taco bell with it though.... :lol:

kenny bought another truck?

:headbang1:

i use cash for everything, we got nailed for some dumb sh*t before when julie lost her wallet. so i keep the atm, and credit cards at home, if i need something we just go to the bank, it is a pain in the a$$, but my money (what little bit there is) is safe.

sorry to hear about your loss tiff, that sucks especially right before christmas!