Recession or Depression?

Dune Dad

I know we all hear every day about how bad things are going, unemployment going sky high, homes being lost and BS bailouts to Big CEO's!!!

I live in Big Bear Lake, Ca. This ski resort town has seen a little decrease in the weekend crouds and the Real Estate marked has dropped off the charts... Over the last Christamas and New Years holiday Big Bear had over 150.000+ visitors over the 2 week holiday. It gave some of the local business a little bump but Im still seeing them going out of business EVERYDAY!!

It just seems like there is no way out of this .... Recession we are in now.... THANKS BUSH!!! :beercheers:

I dont know if we are in a Recession or a Depression...

I think its a Recession when its slow and just maybe your neighbor is out of work... Its a Depression WHEN YOUR OUT OF WORK!!!!

I dont know about all of you out there but I am REALLY looking foward to seeing that :poop: BUSH leaving office and getting on with fixing this so called Economy.... I dont know how long its going to take to get back on track. Some say 5 years others just dont care anymore...

So where do feel the Economy is going?

lol again it isnt all gb fault. :beercheers:

the democratic congress is just as liable and still in office .

obamas new stimulas package he is proposing does 2 things ( i am commenting on the infrastructure stimulas package)

1) it gives work to mainly union employees as most infrastructure work is done by unions .

2) it raises our taxes to build the infrastructure .

sooooo the average worker doesnt really benefit unless your unionised doesnt help the housing market raises taxes . so far he is going to come right out of the gate doing exactly what i thought nothing tangable.

just throw taxpayer money at an ugly situation which will cause our taxes to go up and fixes nothing.

just my 2 cents :laughing:

btw: if im not mistaken recession is 2 quarters of slowed growth followed by inflation

depression is 2 quarters of negative growth

Edited by barefoot bob

a recession is 2 quarters back to back of negative growth in gdp. we will see "stagflation" before this is over, meaning the prices of things you need goes up and the prices of things you want goes down(just look at the sandrail classifieds). "real" (not the official lies the gubmint puts out) unemployment is now roughly 13 percent and will rise to around 25-30 percent in the next year or two. hope yuh got popcorn peeps! pull up a chair and watch things get mighty interesting THIS year.

:rockwoot:

yes it is

Any one going to place any blame on the land speculators and the real estate people and people that speculated on homes to make the fast buck, the mortgage companies and the greedy stock companies the bankers and so on, and the big home builders. Come on You can't blame one person for this situation!!!!!: What about the dummies that bought homes for those stupid overpriced tract shacks because they could because of the credit scams. :booty: blah: :MBdance::dunno:

Great thing about being American is that I CAN blame whoever I want.

Even if I am wrong, as I have been proven.

I blame his mom and dad for not aborting him.

Great thing about being American you can be an IDIOT and blame whoever you want.

Nobody wants to blame themselves for their mistakes.

Did you buy to much house? We all need to look in the mirror for over spending.