Hoover Dam Closed

desertskyz

Hoover Dam is closed to traffic going to Kingman, due to a horrific accident close to Rosies Den. Tour bus rollover. Several Fatalities, visible covered bodies in the road. 6 EMT helicopters in route to local hospitals.

Check all your local channels in Las Vegas

Edited by desertskyz

How did it happen? What caused this?

My buddy said he is not sure what the initial cause was but when he "noticed" the us was doing one of those two lane radical trying to straighten out the bus maneuvers. ALmost like he was pulling a trailer that had to much weight forward and it started to sway. He said in an instant it it ended up on its side and rolling along the highway like a barrel roll. ABout 2 1/2 times.

He said he would guess that he touched the shoulder and over corrected... again and again. It waas really windy as well which might have helped once he started to sway.

I was pulling my jeep back from Az on the trailer and started getting passed by park ranger after park ranger. THeir were more of them coming in then anything. THen I get the call from Cole, "you know a bus rolled over and the highway is closed right?" You should be about in that area... Well we were.. LOL

It was pretty crazy. I had a professional photographer with me who lacked ANY kind of Camera skills. I wont name ant names... HINT HINT HINT. WE finally got by and I got the "man I dont think I got any pics"... WHAT? we went by at 2 MPH :ogp: